The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by llys
Calling it now: if Wilshere keeps up his good form for the whole of the season he is going to leave at the end of it (or at the very least he will make loud noises about "ambition", if the club won't let him go). It will be hilarious. If he gets injured, he will stay.

Awful prediction, based on absolutely nothing. :s-smilie:
Original post by llys
Calling it now: if Wilshere keeps up his good form for the whole of the season he is going to leave at the end of it (or at the very least he will make loud noises about "ambition", if the club won't let him go). It will be hilarious. If he gets injured, he will stay.

I'm so done if this happens, just done. Would genuinely just get a season ticket at Leyton Orient or something, at least you know where you stand with Orient.

Jack does have the capacity to **** us over though tbf. Theo Walcott and AOC too.

Szczesny is another one who would not blink to **** us over, definitely could see him running the length of the pitch to taunt Arsenal away fans one day.

Flamini has already ****ed us over, and would do so again if he wasnt so ****.

For all the banter, Podolski would play for Spurs if it suited him too.

Needless to say Giroud. This guy cheats on his children's mother never mind the rest of us ffs.

Ozil, lol.

Sanchez could go two ways, 1)100% snake us without remorse or 2)South American cartel style loyalty, Arsenal tattoos etc. Probably 1).

Only men I trust are Per Mertesacker, Rosicky, Gibbs and Chambers. Ramsey is a good bloke, he'd leave but do it in a proper Henry fashion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1182
Original post by nosaer
Awful prediction, based on absolutely nothing. :s-smilie:

Not absolutely nothing - he already made noises just 12 months ago, preparing his exit before the season had even started. Only then it turned out that he couldn't even hold down a place in the first team so he quieted down. If he recovers his form he will pipe up again, you can be sure of that. Quote me when it happens. :wink:

Original post by Zürich
I'm so done if this happens, just done. Would genuinely just get a season ticket at Leyton Orient or something, at least you know where you stand with Orient.

Jack does have the capacity to **** us over though tbf.

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving tbh, I'd just find it hilarious as he's tried in the past to sell this image of "Mr. Arsenal". Don't worry though, he'll probably get injured again for a lengthy span and then he'll surely stay put for another season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by llys
Not absolutely nothing - he already made noises just 12 months ago, preparing his exit before the season had even started. Only then it turned out that he couldn't even hold down a place in the first team so he quieted down. If he recovers his form he will pipe up again, you can be sure of that. Quote me when it happens. :wink:

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving tbh, I'd just find it hilarious as he's tried in the past to sell this image of "Mr. Arsenal". Don't worry though, he'll probably get injured again for a lengthy span and then he'll surely stay put for another season.

Wenger isn't leaving til his contract ends and that is what this speculation is based on.
Reply 1184
Original post by Pete_91
Wenger isn't leaving til his contract ends and that is what this speculation is based on.

No, that was just a very obvious excuse IMO. But we don't have to argue about it now - we'll see what happens.
Reply 1185
Original post by llys

No mention of 'ambition' in that article at all. And we've since signed Ozil, Sanchez and ended our trophy drought to put that one to bed. He said he may reconsider if Wenger leaves, which looks unlikely at the end of this season anyway. Not saying it's beyond the realms of possibilities, but quote you when it happens? Yeah, er no.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by llys
No, that was just a very obvious excuse IMO. But we don't have to argue about it now - we'll see what happens.

Total and utter conjecture on your part there.

"I want to win things with Arsenal and I want to be there in the future, but if the boss leaves then things could change,"

You have no idea if that's an "obvious excuse".

Utter nonsense
Original post by llys

Jack's family are all West Ham fans actually. But then again so were Tony Adams' and he rejected Utd a few times and is a legend among legends.

But then Adams had a sort of old school East End loyalty whereas Jack Wilshere has 2014 The Only Way is Essex values. That and the fact Adam's favourite boozers where all near Highbury innit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1188
Original post by nosaer
No mention of 'ambition' in that article at all. And we've since signed Ozil, Sanchez and ended our trophy drought to put that one to bed. He said he may reconsider if Wenger leaves, which looks unlikely at the end of this season anyway. Not saying it's beyond the realms of possibilities, but quote you when it happens? Yeah, er no.

Right then, I'll quote you when it happens. :wink:
Original post by Zürich
True, Flamini might get a Red. no faith in his ability to stem any counters with his footballing ability so he should just be used as a weapon. Would love him just to eye gauge Mourinho or something or just do a Cantona and throw himself into the hordes of baying Chelski sum.

Mate I think Arsenal is the wrong club for you, maybe you should support Millwall or West Ham?

One thing the Arsenal brand is known for is dignity, class and respect. It's not really associated with twisted rapid ranters.
Reply 1190
Original post by llys
Right then, I'll quote you when it happens. :wink:

No you won't. No-one will remember your nonsense in 12 months time so you're free to talk all the bull you want now. Saying his future was dependent on Wenger staying was a convenient excuse? At least try to make points with some sense. At the beginning of the 2013 season, Arsene's contract wasn't even up for debate, we had just signed the most lucrative sponsorship deal with puma, we renewed our chairman in Sir Chips, and would go on to smash our transfer record by signing Ozil. Could literally have not been a worse time for Wilshere to be 'making noises' about ambition or Wenger's commitment.

Again, not saying it will never happen, but not on your awful predictions. If Wilshere leaves, it won't be because he's scaled dizzying heights - more likely that he never regains his pre-injury form (don't think this will happen) and can't find a consistent spot in our midfield.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Juan Mata
Absolutely pathetic attitude on here. Cesc has done two things:

1) Leave Arsenal for Barca. He spent 6 years at Barca and 7 at Arsenal, so they're both "home" just as much. And in those 7 years at Arsenal where he was one of the best in the league, he won 1 single FA Cup. An extremely talented player gave you 7 years of his career and got little in return, and so wanted to move to his home country and actually win something.

2) Leave Barca for Chelsea. He was forced out and his first choice was Arsenal, but Wenger (his "father figure") rejected him. He had very few options left, and even if he had the choice of any club in the world, he had no reason to be loyal to Arsenal any more.

What exactly has he done wrong here?

Exactly.

Arsenal had first refusal on Fabregas so if he'd been tapped up illegally they could have sued Chelsea for this.

This situation happened in rugby league, where Leeds Rhinos sold Iestyn Harris to Welsh rugby union but put in a first refusal clause, Harris then signed for Leeds' most bitter rivals Bradford Bulls and although the general word was that Leeds didn't want him back at the time because they had other options in his position, because Bradford hadn't observed all the formalities, Leeds sued them. That legal case went on for years, crippled Bradford financially and although Harris helped Bradford win the title in his first full season back, that was the last trophy they ever won and they nosedived culminating in relegation this year.

Arsenal have the right to ping Chelsea in the course unless that first refusal option has been observed to the letter. So why not put them on the rack and get money from them? The only reason they wouldn't sue is because Arsenal refused to take up the option, in which case it's Wenger and the Arsenal board who should be the targets of the bitterness.

If Arsenal have said no to Fabregas then he's well within his rights to say well **** you then, if that's what I get for that loyalty of service. He wanted to return to the Premier League because that suits his game and if Arsenal didn't want him his options were always going to be a top club which would annoy Arsenal, ie United, Liverpool, City or Chelsea. He wasn't going to sign for Newcastle was he.
Reply 1192
Original post by Pete_91
Total and utter conjecture on your part there.

"I want to win things with Arsenal and I want to be there in the future, but if the boss leaves then things could change,"

You have no idea if that's an "obvious excuse".

Utter nonsense

Original post by nosaer
No you won't. No-one will remember your nonsense in 12 months time so you're free to talk all the bull you want now. Saying his future was dependent on Wenger staying was a convenient excuse? At least try to make points with some sense. At the beginning of the 2013 season, Arsene's contract wasn't even up for debate, we had just signed the most lucrative sponsorship deal with puma, we renewed our chairman in Sir Chips, and would go on to smash our transfer record by signing Ozil. Could literally have not been a worse time for Wilshere to be 'making noises' about ambition or Wenger's commitment.

You guys don't seem to know how u-turns happen. Wilshere went from "I'll never leave Arsenal!" in 2011 to "I'll leave if Wenger leaves!" in 2013 - that's an almost classic preparation for a u-turn on his first statement in the future, and in the spirit of u-turns everywhere it doesn't have to have anything to do with the justification seized upon in the moment (Wenger) (although it might). Of course I understand you guys want to interpret whatever he says in the best possible way - and you are obviously welcome to do that. I am clearly more cynical than you are, or perhaps I just have more life experience. Just don't cry when it happens. :lol:
Original post by llys
You guys don't seem to know how u-turns happen. Wilshere went from "I'll never leave Arsenal!" in 2011 to "I'll leave if Wenger leaves!" in 2013 - that's an almost classic preparation for a u-turn on his first statement in the future, and in the spirit of u-turns everywhere it doesn't have to have anything to do with the justification seized upon in the moment (Wenger) (although it might). Of course I understand you guys want to interpret whatever he says in the best possible way - and you are obviously welcome to do that. I am clearly more cynical than you are, or perhaps I just have more life experience. Just don't cry when it happens. :lol:

A lot has changed in the football club since 2013 tbh it's effectively a different club now.
He's no Scholesy though is he

Rooney > Gerrard (srs)

(semi srs)

Scholes can suck a dick as well
Original post by Deshi

Scholes can suck a dick as well

wasn't srs

Scholes > Gerrard though :cool:
wasn't srs

Scholes > Gerrard though :cool:

Original post by Deshi

I think it will be funny if Fabregas gets a torrent of abuse.

Don't really understand Arsenal fans with these things, though. Seems like Nasri gets it worse than RvP for instance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wilshere will be with us for a good while I imagine. I can't see anyone better than us coming in for him. He can barely get in our first 11 when all players are fit. Dare I say it, but I genuinely think he cares about the club. Unlike RVP and Fabregas, he was with us from a very young age. He sells the image of 'Mr Arsenal', but I do think there is some substance it. His form has improved the last month or so, hopefully it will continue. Particularly today! :biggrin:

A win would be absolutely huge today. I think a draw is the best we can hope for though. Wenger and Arsenal just cannot do it against Mourinho's Chelsea it seems. I hope to be proved wrong. I just hope we put in a strong, positive performance similar to the Man City game. We really need to show that we can compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City and not getting battered today will help that.

COYG!

Latest