The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LosingDogs
Can we move away from the ****ty psychoanalysis talk and onto real matters?

These real matters being that I was planning a trip to US, and I was thinking Florida but it seems a bit generic. Anyone think of a better location? Within the US of course. I've been Washington DC and don't really wanna go again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would do either NYC/NJ/Atlantic City or LA/San Francisco/Las Vegas
Reply 6941
Original post by Zürich

Tbh when I was in the states the most fun I had was probably in the small little hick towns that we went to. You see a lot of interesting quintessentially american things and its just quite fun to hitch up to some redneck dive bar

Im bored and could do with some Zurich stories on said places:smile:...

particularly the bit in bold
Good suggestions. Was thinking Southern states for the lols but friends aren't into that and some are ethnic and would probably get raped by some inbred hillbillies so best not to.

**** it I may just go Vegas and bet my savings away. Wouldn't mind LA though, may get the chance to meet Taylor Swift if you know what I mean...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good suggestions. Was thinking Southern states for the lols but friends aren't into that and some are ethnic and would probably get raped by some inbred hillbillies so best not to.

**** it I may just go Vegas and bet my savings away. Wouldn't mind LA though, may get the chance to meet Taylor Swift if you know what I mean...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does Scarlett live?:colone:
Original post by swarly
Im bored and could do with some Zurich stories on said places:smile:...

particularly the bit in bold

I was in the states with 3 other lads, all with thick accents and wide-boy London humour

Remember one night we were in this village overnight, somewhere in the middle of the desert in Nevada. population was about 300 srs. Decided to hit only local bar decked out in the top designer gear still trying to work out how to crack it with the American birds. None of us speak like Prince William so we couldnt work that angel so just did the typical bantering that works over here. Also just fancied stirring the **** really.

Mate of mine instantly starts mugging off the joint. ''What'd you do for fun around here, I mean when the opera aint on and that?''. asks the barmaid if she's ever seen a passport when she's checking his ID.

Think I was busy interrupting the American football game on the TV with ''How bout them Cowboys?'' and ''c'mon offence, good hustle'' getting eyeballed by a load of guys in the corner.

They had one of those jukeboxes hooked up to the internet as well so you could play basically any song. A mate of mine interrupts the ridiculous country music to start blasting out Skepta and some other ridiculously out of place music.

Barmaid starts complaing that we werent tipping, we just ignore. After a while her husband brings one of my mates to one side and basically says that every single guy in the joint owns a gun, is drunk and enraged with our behaviour. Advises us to skip town ASAP ''before **** gets real''.

5m later we're in the car deciding to keep driving overnight until we got to somewhere civilised enough to tolerate obnoxious tourists :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6945
Original post by Zürich
x

died at playing skepta :rofl:
Original post by Rk2k14
Where does Scarlett live?:colone:

Just googled:

"Swift lives between a duplex penthouse in Tribeca, New York City, a three-bedroom cottage in Beverly Hills, California and a duplex penthouse in Midtown Nashville, Tennessee."

There's my destination sorted :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swarly
died at playing skepta :rofl:

Think it was 'Rolex Sweep'
Original post by scrawlx101
Oops sorry maybe canada or california?

Never knew Canada was in the US
Original post by h3isenberg
Never knew Canada was in the US

:biggrin:
Original post by sr90
It's getting there man. Wasn't long ago that it was only FKLW keeping this thread alive :tongue:

Weekdays are fine because i'm at work, my friends are around and i've got other stuff to watch/do. At the weekends a lot of my friends tend to spend it with their other halves or doing uni work, so i'll usually just eat **** food and watch the days football.

California? I'd love to do LA and/or San Francisco.

I would say New York but that sounds even more generic.

Weekdays are the worst, college is...college so footie is one of the main things i look forward to but International break rips a part of my soul away:frown:
Just googled:

"Swift lives between a duplex penthouse in Tribeca, New York City, a three-bedroom cottage in Beverly Hills, California and a duplex penthouse in Midtown Nashville, Tennessee."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell her I said hi:wink:
Just googled:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Taylor Swift is a solid 9/10 alright, got that pale dainty tall look with legs all the day up to her ass. :coma:

Personality is 0/10 though tbh
Wish I grew up in a small town in Texas and played high school ball.

Original post by Zürich

No
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Wish I grew up in a small town in Texas and played high school ball.

No

Imagine asking Taylor Swift to collect the dry cleaning for you as a favour or something, full on drama every day of your life over nothing. Cant stand that
Original post by Zürich
Imagine asking Taylor Swift to collect the dry cleaning for you as a favour or something, full on drama every day of your life over nothing. Cant stand that

So. She'd make a song about it. At least you'd be a reference.
Original post by AR_95
:lol: not the only thing she'll be wearing

I rarely use this expression, but I lolled.

Original post by hayles101

- And last but not least...arrogance. The WORST one of all. You can be flirty, confident with a girl. We like that. But please do not walk up to me in a bar in your all saints top and comb over and talk to me about how you play for Newcastle and drive a Mercedes. That **** won't wash with me love, I'm a football fountain of knowledge :wink:

I also never understand why girls start seeing a guy whilst he already has a girlfriend, then when that ends and they become a 'proper couple' she is shocked and devastated when she catches him doing the same to her?! I mean really what did you expect :rolleyes:

Turned into a right little rant didn't it!

Hayles. I'm curious so I have to ask. Whenever you write about dating/relationships, you seem to always write in past tense. I can only assume that you were "available" on the dating scene a while back, but now you are settled down with a nice wholesome gentleman. Perhaps he is the housewife, whilst you are off being a power business woman?

I can imagine a chap on a night out trying to give you a lecture on football, and then you turn round and destroy him. Women that like football are a rare breed in Eboracum's circle. Not a single girl on my uni course that I know (which is lots) likes football, a sad state of affairs. Eboracum respects Hayles 101.

100% agree with the networking bull****, it's for sure about who you know and what you know. At my uni those who got top placement jobs (e.g Goldmann, paying £35k as a placement student wtf) had either dads or dads friends and associates in managerial positions. Noticed that it's only usually close family and friends who are willing to help, which I guess why you commonly find parents and children in the same field (my dad works unrelated to Finance so no help there!)

Exactly man, I staunchly agree with you. Out of interest, which type of test do you find the toughest? I find SJT reasonable, but I'm poor at Verbal Reasoning (Usually get around 20/30), not enough practise at Numerical yet. How is it for you?
Original post by Zürich
Taylor Swift is a solid 9/10 alright, got that pale dainty tall look with legs all the day up to her ass. :coma:

What ass are we talking about?:cool: 9/10, damn son you iz trippin:biggrin:
Original post by Rk2k14
What ass are we talking about?:cool: 9/10, damn son you iz trippin:biggrin:

Facial aesthetics+ legs>all

Tall girls hhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggggg

Asses are getting too big and unnatural these days anyway
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
So. She'd make a song about it. At least you'd be a reference.

I can imagine it now:

"I don't wash his pants,
Go on way too many rants
At least that's what people say"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest