The Student Room Group

How many attempts before you passed your theory test?

Poll

How many attempts to pass your theory?

Failed mine for the THIRD time this morning.

Let's have a poll.

Everyone should lie so that I feel better.

Cheers.

:yy:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First.

Mind you with a lot of prep. That's the trick.
Original post by MSI_10
First.

Mind you with a lot of prep. That's the trick.

I did do lots of prep :cry:

Hazard perception every time.
I passed first time, it was only by the skin of my teeth though (as in, the pass mark on one part and just above on the other) so don't worry too much! :tongue: I have a feeling that the practical is going to take several attempts though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
First time! Theory is very easy, just keep practise :smile: You need to worry more about practical, this is the real problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I passed first time, it was only by the skin of my teeth though (as in, the pass mark on one part and just above on the other) so don't worry too much! :tongue: I have a feeling that the practical is going to take several attempts though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be happy to pass by the skin of my teeth!

I'm dreading the practical also, I think nerves will get the better of me there.
Original post by bubeto123
First time! Theory is very easy, just keep practise :smile: You need to worry more about practical, this is the real problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, don't say that :getmecoat:

:lol:

I think I'm a hopeless case!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I'll be happy to pass by the skin of my teeth!

I'm dreading the practical also, I think nerves will get the better of me there.

So was I, didn't think I would. My driving is appalling though, and I've been trying for nearly a year now! I'll get there eventually... :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
So was I, didn't think I would. My driving is appalling though, and I've been trying for nearly a year now! I'll get there eventually... :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five:

We can do this! :dumbells:
Reply 9
Passed my theory 1st time. But I passed my practical test 4th time.
Original post by ohaiemmy
Passed my theory 1st time. But I passed my practical test 4th time.

This does NOT bode well for me. :s-smilie:
Reply 11
I passed first time. I scored higher on the hazard perception than I expected to - especially after it decided I'd clicked too many times and would score me zero for that clip!

That, let me tell you, was an outrage.
Reply 12
This does NOT bode well for me. :s-smilie:

Nah, my friend failed his theory 3 times but passed practical 1st time. Do as many practice tests as you can, make a note of questions you're not sure on, then google them to find out the answer.
Reply 13
I did do lots of prep :cry:

Hazard perception every time.

Are you sure you actually understand how it works? I only say that because - cruel as it sounds - it's really easy to get 3 points on each hazard, they're usually staring you in the face by that point. Are you actually scoring points on the hazards or missing them completely?
I have only ever heard of one person failing their theory test.
Original post by xDave-
Are you sure you actually understand how it works? I only say that because - cruel as it sounds - it's really easy to get 3 points on each hazard, they're usually staring you in the face by that point. Are you actually scoring points on the hazards or missing them completely?

I'm clicking when they're appearing - I can see the hazards, they're really obvious.

But I scored 0 for one clip because I clicked too much when I saw one hazard, scored 5 for two clips then scored only 2 or 3 points for the rest.

I honestly have NO idea what they want me to do. :confused:
OP how are you preparing for your theory.
I passed first time by doing plenty of practice tests - both Hazard Perception and Theory tests and I mean lots! I spent three days before my theory just doing practice tests over and over. I downloaded all the free apps on my ipod for both the theory section and the Hazard section so that I could practice, I also has the multiple choice book, which I revised/ did questions in.

Maybe your problem is the way/amount of prep you are doing? :smile:
Hope this helps.
Also do not worry because when I sat my theory most of the people there had already sat i before and were redoing it :smile: You'll get there eventually and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by LouieSax
OP how are you preparing for your theory.
I passed first time by doing plenty of practice tests - both Hazard Perception and Theory tests and I mean lots! I spent three days before my theory just doing practice tests over and over. I downloaded all the free apps on my ipod for both the theory section and the Hazard section so that I could practice, I also has the multiple choice book, which I revised/ did questions in.

Maybe your problem is the way/amount of prep you are doing? :smile:
Hope this helps.
Also do not worry because when I sat my theory most of the people there had already sat i before and were redoing it :smile: You'll get there eventually and you'll be fine :smile:

Been using the practice test apps (for both hazard and multiple choice). :smile: Thing is, I can pass the hazard perception in practice tests, but actually in the centre :frown:
The first time I failed on hazard perception by one mark :angry:

Passed second time easily on both parts of the theory test.
Hazard perception was easy imo. It's like a role playing game. Maybe all those hours wasted playing CoD when I was younger were useful :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending