The Student Room Group

Driving lesson and theory

Hi... how did you practice for your theory test and how was your first driving lesson i'm planning to do automatic soon
Reply 1
I used the payed DVSA apps for the theory test as well as the AA Highway Code and theory practice book. I used the app till I was getting over 90% right. I’ve passed my theory test twice since my first ran out before I passed my test
There are different ways to study the theory. I just remembered the questions and how they are worded in about 2 weeks, also common sense does help. Doing your practical depends on you. How often you can do it per week? What your skill is?
Reply 3
What would my first driving lesson be like? I already know how to drive pretty well on busy roads.
The instructor would want to know bit of past experience, if family or friends has taught you in past.

Take you on quiet roads, do some basic maneuvers, mainly to get judgement of your skills. So they would know where to start and improve your skills.

If you told them you drive pretty well on busy roads, like I said above they would still assess you.
Reply 5
Original post by GetTwisted
The instructor would want to know bit of past experience, if family or friends has taught you in past.

Take you on quiet roads, do some basic maneuvers, mainly to get judgement of your skills. So they would know where to start and improve your skills.

If you told them you drive pretty well on busy roads, like I said above they would still assess you.

Ah great, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending