The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Aguero(VC), Tadic, Lukaku, Fabregas going the business. Won't miss Costa (C). Anticipating 80ish from today's players.

Can't believe Tadic only has 3% ownership. He's been on the verge of a big haul all season.
44 from 5 with skipper still to play. Still potential for a big haul. Freak week for Southampton. Pelle is sick though
**** you Sturridge! Brought him for in Pelle who got plenty of points :frown:
Original post by The Assassin
29 points................................................

If AdM doesn't do the business tomorrow then I am well and truly ****ed.
Reply 2884
Original post by Endless Blue

If AdM doesn't do the business tomorrow then I am well and truly ****ed.

He won't do the business tomorrow because he's not playing tomorrow :tongue:

I have him captain too.., but hoping he gets rested so Pelle can be my captain

I'm on 51 points with, ADM (C), Siggurdson, Sterling and Taylor to play
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by UWS
He won't do the business tomorrow because he's not playing tomorrow :tongue:

I have him captain too.., but hoping he gets rested so Pelle can be my captain

I'm on 51 points with, ADM (C), Siggurdson, Sterling and Taylor to play

Monday then :pierre:

**** week
Ok i never had a chance at tsr anyways, but im still top of my H2H league and near top in one of my others. Think I'll consider Ghost FC if next week goes bad. For now, relax....

feel for you endless ;(
Up to 996 overall:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Messed up. Took out Pelle for Ulloa...
drop of 4 places.. actually pretty happy with that, thought it would be worse..

Stirling tommorrow as captain does not fill me with confidence though..
Anyone have a handle on price changes yet? I'm worried Duff will drop to 4.1 and thinking now might be the time swap him for a 4.0 and cash in on that 0.1.

Moore of Leicester (£4.0) looks a decent punt as a bench warmer / rotation, to play just once or twice in the next half dozen games.
(edited 9 years ago)
hmm, the only easy route to get aguaro in, is to drop sanchez.. but I dont want to do that as he is not doing to badly.. he has overtaken ramsey, and seems to be a focal point for arsenal..

Hmm, other possible drop would be di maria..

Or my prefered option is dropping stirling, but then that leads to needing a -8pt..

Ot I do it over 2 weeks, which is probably the best option.. no point hit this week, and I downgrade a player, and then next week it stirling + welbeck out, and aguaro + other, in
Original post by Mister Dead
Anyone have a handle on price changes yet? I'm worried Duff will drop to 4.1 and thinking now might be the time swap him for a 4.0 and cash in on that 0.1.

Moore of Leicester (£4.0) looks a decent punt as a bench warmer / rotation, to play just once or twice in the next half dozen games.

Fplstatistics.co.uk is very accurate. Duff is actually increasing by 0.1 tonight lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow just leapfrogged into the top 10. Probably won't be able to hold on to it by the end of the GW but still 5 to play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Fplstatistics.co.uk is very accurate. Duff is actually increasing by 0.1 tonight lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really, that's peculiar when you see how Burnley have defensively gone to pot!

I don't usually ask the board for advice because:

1. it's tedious and
2. the advice is usually ****ing obvious, and
3. why take advice from people trying to win the same competition as you ffs

but since i'm talking about a complex eight point hit, I think it's worth asking for people's experience if they're willing. I'm thinking about setting my team up for the impending Everton run (I have no Everton defenders) and impending deterioration of Stoke fixtures (I have Bardsley and Begovic), whilst also considering that I don't want to have to take a further points hit to get Walcott in quickly if needbe...

So i'm looking at:

A)

Begovic out Foster (WBA) in
Silva out Tadic in
Duff out Moore (Lei) in
Bardsley out Coleman in. (total is 2 transfers plus an 8 point hit)

This leaves me with .3 in the bank and the option to go Sterling to Walcott if Sterling blanks tomorrow (I'd be to worried about him dropping by .1 to leave much longer). Obviously there's plenty of alternatives to the above, but the main one i'm looking at is

B)

Begovic out Foster (WBA) in
Duff out Moore in
Bardsley out Jags in. (total is two transfers plus a 4 point hit)
Leaving me with a choice of either Silva or Sterling to Walcott.

For reference here's my team (£104.1m, bank 0.1m)

Begovic
Heaton

Bardsley
Clyne
Taylor
Hutton
Duff

Sig
ADM
Sterling
Silva
Boyd

Costa
Pelle
Aguero

thoughts?
(edited 9 years ago)
Still clinging on to top spot but my lead is down to a single point. Some people have fantastic scores this week.
Oh really, that's peculiar when you see how Burnley have defensively gone to pot!

I don't usually ask the board for advice because:

1. it's tedious and
2. the advice is usually ****ing obvious, and
3. why take advice from people trying to win the same competition as you ffs

For reference here's my team (£104.1m, bank 0.1m)

Begovic
Heaton

Bardsley
Clyne
Taylor
Hutton
Duff

Sig
ADM
Sterling
Silva
Boyd

Costa
Pelle
Aguero

thoughts?

You're front 3 is sorted, I have the same :smile:

I like how you use Silva as a differential but really i'd get Fabregas. The guy is an assist machine and more consistent than Silva. I'm a massive Walcott fan but unless I see some consistency in his fitness I won't be getting him in. If you wanted to get Walcott in I'd drop Sterling, I'm tempted to drop him too for Tadic enabling me to get Baines.

You're defence is quite similar to mine except I have Moore and Wisdom. Same keeper too. Baines is an exception but I don't think there's much value in premium defenders this season, so keeping your defence budget friendly is the right approach imo.

TLDR get Fabregas with a view of swapping Sterling for Walcott if you really fancy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
You're front 3 is sorted, I have the same :smile:

I like how you use Silva as a differential but really i'd get Fabregas. The guy is an assist machine and more consistent than Silva. I'm a massive Walcott fan but unless I see some consistency in his fitness I won't be getting him in. If you wanted to get Walcott in I'd drop Sterling, I'm tempted to drop him too for Tadic enabling me to get Baines.

You're defence is quite similar to mine except I have Moore and Wisdom. Same keeper too. Baines is an exception but I don't think there's much value in premium defenders this season, so keeping your defence budget friendly is the right approach imo.

TLDR get Fabregas with a view of swapping Sterling for Walcott if you really fancy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sold Fabregas with a couple of other transfers to do Naismith to Pele and Fabregas to Di Maria. Silva was just an available premium option for a few games to replace Ramsey, and although he hasn't worked out, on balance those other transfers been a positive move. I'm glad you brought up Fabregas though, because i've been getting a touch of the 'It's too late to go back' when he's only risen by a couple of points since I got him, and he's obviously an important player. Considering Arsenal's rotten injuries he may be a better option than considering going back to Ramsey, or as you say Sterling.

edit: Problem is, I really don't think I can afford Fabregas and Walcott, and it would certainly rule out an Everton defender
(edited 9 years ago)
I sold Fabregas with a couple of other transfers to do Naismith to Pele and Fabregas to Di Maria. Silva was just an available premium option for a few games to replace Ramsey, and although he hasn't worked out, on balance those other transfers been a positive move. I'm glad you brought up Fabregas though, because i've been getting a touch of the 'It's too late to go back' when he's only risen by a couple of points since I got him, and he's obviously an important player. Considering Arsenal's rotten injuries he may be a better option than considering going back to Ramsey, or as you say Sterling.

edit: Problem is, I really don't think I can afford Fabregas and Walcott, and it would certainly rule out an Everton defender

Getting Fabregas back would be my priority.

Silva is dispensable, and Sterling is starting to look like it too.

Doing Silva to Fab and then going with your plan B seems decent. If you're still able to do Sterling to Walcott if the time comes you'll be in a good position.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Isometrix
Getting Fabregas back would be my priority.

Silva is dispensable, and Sterling is starting to look like it too.

Doing Silva to Fab and then going with your plan B seems decent. If you're still able to do Sterling to Walcott if the time comes you'll be in a good position.

I think the best way I can see to do it (get Fabregas and an Everton defender) without knee-jerking on Sterling who tbf is still picking up points, is by sacrificing my goalkeeper rotation. I could do:

Beg ----> Foster
Heaton ------> £4m (maybe hulls third choice who is playing atm - Janu)

Freeing up £1m to go

Bardsley ----> Jags
Silva ------> fab

doubt Jags will score again this decade but surely Everton will start racking up the C/S in coming games

Quick Reply

Latest