The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicNMedicine
guys do you have any suggestions for my team (I'm not in this TSR league I'm only really bothered about my work one where I'm mid table and want to overhaul a few mates at least):

Courtois; Clyne, Chambers, Alderwereid, Baines; Sterling, Schneiderlin, Fabregas, Di Maria; Lukaku, Welbeck
(Guzan, Shawcross, Zaha, Ulloa)

Have had Lukaku in since the start of the season but thinking he's the player to move on, I've got £1.2m in the bank so some money to play with.

Other alternative transfers I was thinking of were moving out Zaha as he never starts, and getting in Downing or another midfielder).

I've only just bought Baines btw, transferred him in for Azpilcueta but I might transfer him back when Azpilcueta is back from suspension (hopefully his price will have dropped a bit as everyone dumps him), as I like Azpilcueta and he's the cheapest way of getting one of Jose's defenders.

honestly i think you've spent too much on tyour defence.
courtois is a 6m keeper but you can do just as well (if not better) with some 5m keepers instead.
i think you could really do with a big, big striker up front like aguero or costa - almost everybody has one of the two, so whenever they do well (i.e: most weeks), you're losing points to almost everybody around you.

if you're struggling financially, just make it so you have 1 decent-ish sub and the rest to be as cheap as possible.
Original post by Lúcio
honestly i think you've spent too much on tyour defence.
courtois is a 6m keeper but you can do just as well (if not better) with some 5m keepers instead.
i think you could really do with a big, big striker up front like aguero or costa - almost everybody has one of the two, so whenever they do well (i.e: most weeks), you're losing points to almost everybody around you.

if you're struggling financially, just make it so you have 1 decent-ish sub and the rest to be as cheap as possible.

I think you are right. I have probably made 2 big mistakes so far, going for strength in depth and decent subs, and not getting the right strikers. I started the season with Rooney, Dzeko and Lukaku, which I thought would be a great strike force but then quite early on I figured that Rooney wasn't going to be quite as prolific this year as I thought he would be so I ditched him to bring in Ulloa. Then frustratingly I ditched Dzeko for Welbeck the week before Dzeko scored twice at Hull and had 3 bonus points. Lukaku is a player I rate very highly but he's not quite done what I thought he would and at £9m I have a lot of funds tied up in him. I think I might swap him for Pelle or Costa. You are right because a lot of weeks I have felt I've done OK with lots of my players scoring but then most other people in my league have Costa or Aguero and they get a bunch of points that I missed out on.

Another mistake I made was that I banked a lot on Alexis Sanchez who I thought was an outside bet for top scorer in the Premier League and as a midfielder with his goals counting for more points than a forward I thought he was a must have, effectively he was my Diego Costa, but again he's not quite done it, so I swapped him out for Di Maria.

Possibly as you say it's time to start looking to free up some funds in my defence: over the next few weeks I might move out Courtois (£6.0) and Baines (£7.1) and perhaps bring in someone like De Gea (£5.4), Howard (£5.4) or Lloris (£5.6) and replace Baines with Jagielka (£5.5) or bring back Azpilcueta if his value drops back to £6.0 again. At the start of the season I had Filipe Luis, what a crap signing he was!

As for cheap subs, I effectively have Calum Chambers as a cheap defender, the rest of my defence I don't want to tinker with too much as Clyne and Alderwereid are quite good value for money as is Shawcross at the moment.
it's a fine line between keeping faith in your chosen players and slinging your mistakes into bin quicksharp before they contaminate all your team wiv failure like wot happens in the england team. sounds like you got it all horribly wrong and you need admitting to fpl hospital. bad luck bro
I don't know what 3 defenders to play. I was thinking about benching Bertrand (as I have Forster) but he has been one of the best defenders this season.

I have to bench one of: Bertrand, N.Taylor, Chambers and Alcarez

Any help?
Original post by Isometrix
Is everyone just keeping Costa this week regardless of him playing or not?

Yep. Never trust Mou.
Original post by Undisclosed 15
I don't know what 3 defenders to play. I was thinking about benching Bertrand (as I have Forster) but he has been one of the best defenders this season.

I have to bench one of: Bertrand, N.Taylor, Chambers and Alcarez

Any help?

I have defenders from all of those teams and i'm benching Chambers.

Original post by MagicNMedicine

Courtois; Clyne, Chambers, Alderwereid, Baines; Sterling, Schneiderlin, Fabregas, Di Maria; Lukaku, Welbeck
(Guzan, Shawcross, Zaha, Ulloa)

I'd do Zaha > 4.5m mid (cheap bench fodder who you only play if the others get injured) and use the £2m to do Lukaku > Costa
aguero captain for tomorrow. no other option
Original post by The Assassin
aguero captain for tomorrow. no other option

Likewise. Unless I do a completely wild punt on someone like Baines or Bertrand, high risk high reward.
Is everyone just keeping Costa this week regardless of him playing or not?

:yes: But unsure as to captain him or not.
Original post by mr tim
:yes: But unsure as to captain him or not.

Has to be the man in form Aguero surely. I think from next week when we're at home to QPR normal service will resume and we'll be captaining Costa again.
Original post by sr90
Likewise. Unless I do a completely wild punt on someone like Baines or Bertrand, high risk high reward.

baines would be interesting. I'd imagine everton will keep a clean sheet and get an assist at least with Lukaku destroying their defense, as well as key players being back.

really want him. Will see next week.
Original post by The Assassin
baines would be interesting. I'd imagine everton will keep a clean sheet and get an assist at least with Lukaku destroying their defense, as well as key players being back.

really want him. Will see next week.

I had to sacrifice Fabregas to get him in. Gamble.
Original post by sr90
I had to sacrifice Fabregas to get him in. Gamble.

Why would you do that!
Why would you do that!

Was either that or completely rip my team apart, i've got a plan to bring Hazard in anyway.
Hazard vs Rafael, there is only one winner, got it right with Hazard vs Chambers, cocked up hard with making Aguero VC last game though and making Hazard captain. Never been so pissed off in my life.

Think about it this way, WH are going to make it tough for them to score, you can see Aguero getting one at most, it's tough since midweek they drew as well which can play into their minds.
(edited 9 years ago)
jesus christ, just remembered azpi is suspended, thank god i sorted that out!
swapped him for bertrand for a few weeks since soton's next 3 fixtures aren't too bad and they're one of the best teams in the league right now.

aguero captain - don't see any other choice.
still got costa in case mourinho "does a mourinho"
Made 3 transfers this week to basically get Aguero in the team in any way possible. It does mean that the midfield and defence is a bit **** now though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Captaining Welbeck this week, should be interesting..
Don't know whether to captain Aguero or Costa. Would captain Costa if he were fit because of United's terrible defence, but I'm worried that he might just come on for 10 minutes. Last time Mourinho said he was injured, I captained Aguero for that reason and Costa got a hat trick...
costa out for ag........ behrino.

gonna tear up crystal palace this week...

(lol for when he gets nothing, costa starts, and bangs 3 agaisnt united)

*fallen acorns FF Implosion*

Quick Reply

Latest