The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by games211
Also, isn't there a section on ucas that you have to fill out about your parents education and the school checks if its correct? :colondollar:

Again that relies on honesty though and doesn't always reflect higher education. My college didn't have a clue about my parents and the 2nd time I applied it wasn't through the college....
Original post by Neostigmine
Again that relies on honesty though and doesn't always reflect higher education. My college didn't have a clue about my parents and the 2nd time I applied it wasn't through the college....

oh true
Original post by mangomango
I just got a really cute postcard from Southampton!!! :smile: It feels so personal.:colondollar:

when did you apply?
Original post by games211
when did you apply?

Last Wednesday!
When are they going to start sending eligibility forms out? Are they sorting out applicants for the BM5 first?
Original post by johnabdul
When are they going to start sending eligibility forms out? Are they sorting out applicants for the BM5 first?

BM5 applicants don't have to do the form. They only received all the applications on Wednesday!! Have some patience. It'll be a few weeks at least.

It's a long process. Get settled and don't expect to hear anytime soon. Then when you do hear, it's great lol.
Original post by mangomango
I just got a really cute postcard from Southampton!!! :smile: It feels so personal.:colondollar:

Hello :biggrin: My mum was at home and text me beforehand but she made it seem like it was an offer which made me scream like a madman. But the postcard is so pretty. What other schools are you applying for?
Did anyone else get the confirming your details email saying your application is being considered??
What did you guys put for point of entry? 1 or 0, does it matter which one you put as the code states foundation year anyway.
I put one on mine because you start on first year of the foundation course (yr 0). I don't think I'm going to get in tho :K::bawling::bawling:
Original post by medicinehope
I put one on mine because you start on first year of the foundation course (yr 0). I don't think I'm going to get in tho :K::bawling::bawling:

Oh I see, might call them tomorrow ;/.
You might get in!! :P
Original post by raytang01
Oh I see, might call them tomorrow ;/.
You might get in!! :P

Just to let you know, I gave them a call about that today and they said it does not matter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does Southampton send postcards to everyone? I certainly haven't received one :8
Original post by johnabdul
Does Southampton send postcards to everyone? I certainly haven't received one :8

I don't think everyone did last year though I don't know why not. it doesn't mean anything :nah:.
Original post by FutureMedic-2014
Hey, I've just got in this year (unconditional yay) so I haven't started yet, but I could give you advice on applying ect :smile:

Hows it going? :biggrin:
Original post by Neostigmine
Hows it going? :biggrin:

I know you've probably answered before but about when are interviews given out? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tr3sbelle
I know you've probably answered before but about when are interviews given out? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not until the new year. Last year they were all on one day in March :smile:
I regret applyin here. I have a ukcat score of 565. I know admissions say they don't use it unless if theirs borderline candidates but i'm not convinced. 2 people i spoke to who are on this course both got 650+
Original post by alanconnel
I regret applyin here. I have a ukcat score of 565. I know admissions say they don't use it unless if theirs borderline candidates but i'm not convinced. 2 people i spoke to who are on this course both got 650+

They dont look at UKCAT at all trust me

Latest

Trending

Trending