The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Wow my OR actually went up despite only scoring 31.

Need a haul from Costa tomorrow to hurt the 300k that sold him :tongue:
Yes lads only 3 points behind my TSR head to head league. I'm probably going to win this weekend too. Will still be 3 points behind as the guy will win again but I'm putting the pressure on. Got the main guy on week 14

**** the TSR league I'm too far behind to win that though.
Pretty much given up on TSR league now after a few shocking weeks.

I was in the top 10 about 3 weeks ago, now I'm 31st and due to slide further after this week.
Original post by jam277
Yes lads only 3 points behind my TSR head to head league. I'm probably going to win this weekend too. Will still be 3 points behind as the guy will win again but I'm putting the pressure on. Got the main guy on week 14

**** the TSR league I'm too far behind to win that though.

Aye sorry to burst your bubble but H2H leagues have too much fluke in them to count :tongue:
Poor week for me and the other guy at the top (who's team is that?) but the next 10 places have all had good scores this GW, so the table is getting really close. Next few weeks could be very interesting.
25 points. Had Chambers on the bench. Above average I guess.

My H2Hs are too close!
Original post by Isometrix
Aye sorry to burst your bubble but H2H leagues have too much fluke in them to count :tongue:

I wouldn't say that - it's pretty much the best representation of how a premier league season is.
You may have a terrible week but your opponent could be even worse so you come away with all points.

It's all relative to who you're playing at that exact moment - that's how real football works in a league.
Original post by mr tim
25 points. Had Chambers on the bench. Above average I guess.

My H2Hs are too close!

I'm just going on LFC a thread H2H league now since I'll get nowhere near the TSR General one.
I'm 3rd in H2H - are you above me?

This will be a tough week to be honest - gotta hope tomorrow's game is low scoring but personally I really want a united thrashing :colone:
Original post by Lúcio
I wouldn't say that - it's pretty much the best representation of how a premier league season is.
You may have a terrible week but your opponent could be even worse so you come away with all points.

It's all relative to who you're playing at that exact moment - that's how real football works in a league.

Yes in real football, but in FPL surely the overall points at the end of the season is a better indicator of how well you did. You could have some guy that keeps beating the top players coincidentally when they have a bad week and could be top of the H2H. Wouldn't say that's a very accurate way of determining FPL success.

Not being bitter lol I'm doing alright on my H2H.
Original post by Isometrix
Yes in real football, but in FPL surely the overall points at the end of the season is a better indicator of how well you did. You could have some guy that keeps beating the top players coincidentally when they have a bad week and could be top of the H2H. Wouldn't say that's a very accurate way of determining FPL success.Not being bitter lol I'm doing alright on my H2H.
For me, the overall score is a bit like goal difference. Whilst it is a good indicator of how good your team is generally it doesn't really matter. You can only beat who is put in front of you and H2H is a better measure of consistency. I can see why people prefer classic but I think H2H is just more exciting because halfway through the season, anyone can still win it whereas in classic you can basically rule out half the table by January. I am 17th in classic league and 2nd in H2H Div A at 3 points off the lead. Arguably biased but I have said this for a while
Lol... H2H was just a gimmick that they introduced.

The classic leagues show consistency and real 'skill' in team selection and transfers
So H2H isn't a matter of consistency? :lol:

It is exactly the same way you win a league title. You face all the teams and accurately determine you were better than them.
nah.. Im with ISO on this..

Sure, h2h is like the real league, but fantasy football is not like real football, so it does not automatically have same measure of sucess..

There is only 1 true measure of sucess in a game that is all about how many points you can get - and that is how many points you get. Did not even play the H2H before this year, and now its only proving to be a little bit of fun on the side of the real thing.

As for 'well anyone can win, whereas your already out of the main league half way through' - bull****. I remember last year, colbert + some of the other older players were down in 50th, around december, but ended up in the top10, with colbert coming 3rd I think.. Its never over, and you can always make a comeback, it just takes time..

I dont even remember who won the H2H last year, or it being discussed on here really... but the chase for the top spot in the main league, was excellent..

that said, I dont tihnk you could win the H2H league, without being somewhere near the top of the main league? without being very lucky..
Original post by jam277
So H2H isn't a matter of consistency? :lol:

It is exactly the same way you win a league title. You face all the teams and accurately determine you were better than them.

Whilst true, the difference in FPL is that you pick a team every week with the aim of scoring the maximum potential points. You don't set up your team every week to beat your H2H opponent, unless you solely play H2H and not classic. For almost everyone their H2H result is a by-product of their weekly score, either they happen to do better than their randomly assigned opponent or they don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't checked my H2H all season, is that mini league thing still happening now littlewiz bailed?
The reason why I dont participate in H2H is because you can just sacrifice 1 week and make 15 transfers, in order to win the next few weeks. This is highly unfair and stupid imo.

H2H is a gimmick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just realised Costa went down by 0.3 mill just because he missed 1 game. Seriously?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've given up on h2h.
Turn the tele on, and see my new transfer Baines put a cross in for Eto's goal. Thought it was my typical luck i put Moreno in after Spurs and then take him out just before his 8 point tally. But hopefully Everton can get a CS here too now. 20 points yesterday was a bit horrific, so need Baines and Hutton to dig me out of this hole i've got myself in. Welbeck captaincy even worse than Aguero's due to that yellow card too :facepalm2: Will keep faith with him though, even with Pelle, Sakho looking like such good options. Pretty confident Pelle won't keep it up in the big games with these big points totals, so feel it's worthless trying find space for him now.

My team for next week with the Filipe Luis for Alderweireld transfer imminent (losing a Southampton defender 3 games too early i feel but i can't do anything about it.

Schmeical
Baines Filipe Luis Chambers Hutton Wilson (will be getting Wisdom in to get some value)
Sterling Fabregas Di Maria Cork Wanyama
Costa Aguero Welbeck

Cork and Wanyama rotate, and get attacking points now and again and are great for their 4.4 and 4.5 value as at least one of them guarantees a start, but both hold down a bench place. Wisdom most likely 1st sub, but can rotate in the event of other difficult fixtures.

Walcott and Hazard for Fabregas and Sterling long term i feel.
(edited 9 years ago)
azpi -> luis ; 0.5m in bank

or

Pelle -> Berahino & Azpi -> Baines ; 1.2 in bank; -4 hit. This one would get me better prepared to get haz or walcott in the future

Quick Reply

Latest