The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for Philosophy and Theology: AAB/A*AC/A*BB or unconditional if I firm :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Tow
Just got an offer for Philosophy and Theology: AAB/A*AC/A*BB or unconditional if I firm :smile:

I got exactly the same apart from that it was for straight Philosophy :smile:
Just received an offer for English and American studies. ABB!!!!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied yesterday for psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping to apply for history, got AAABC (including general studies) and predicted AAAA (including general studies)
Just booked my place on an economics visit day in march :biggrin:
Anyone got an offer from mechanical engineering department?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Original post by TajwarC
How comes you're not too sure about UCL? It's the best haha (aside from accommodation costs...)

UCL gives the option to study many different optional modules which is why I prefer it; I originally wanted to apply for Natural Sciences. UCL lets you choose modules outside of chemistry including physics and maths so in essence I can "replicate" a Natural Sciences degree to an extent

Because of the accommodation costs LOL it's literally the only reason why I'm stuck. Yeah I did like that idea!

Also my offers for my other ones are for a year with industry and since ucl isn't that's sort of another reason I am concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got an unconditional for natural sciences if I firm Nottingham!! super pleased, just got to hear back from the others now :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Naomi12
I got exactly the same apart from that it was for straight Philosophy :smile:

Awesomee! :biggrin: I'm most likely gonna firm Exeter (if I don't get offers from Durham and Oxford, and like come on... like that's gonna happen). :P
Reply 190
Just got an offer of A*AA / A*ABB to do Economics :smile: really happy as it'll probably be my insurance.
Original post by 0liH
Just got an offer of A*AA / A*ABB to do Economics :smile: really happy as it'll probably be my insurance.

Wow! A*AA is your insurance? What's your firm offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by IAmEchelon
Wow! A*AA is your insurance? What's your firm offer?

No A*ABB is my insurance my firm is likely to be A*AA or A*A*A
Original post by zuzu096
Because of the accommodation costs LOL it's literally the only reason why I'm stuck. Yeah I did like that idea!

Also my offers for my other ones are for a year with industry and since ucl isn't that's sort of another reason I am concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have done the same however the MSci and year in industry courses usually ask for one grade higher than the standard BSc except from UCL and Bath. I applied for the BSc at Nottingham but I like the idea of the industry year so I'm kind of banking on getting a good grade first year and then transferring. Can't speculate too much though, they still haven't even acknowledged my application yet LOL
Reply 194
Yay! Just got an offer for Spanish and beginners' German (ABB)! :biggrin:
Reply 195
Original post by TajwarC
I would have done the same however the MSci and year in industry courses usually ask for one grade higher than the standard BSc except from UCL and Bath. I applied for the BSc at Nottingham but I like the idea of the industry year so I'm kind of banking on getting a good grade first year and then transferring. Can't speculate too much though, they still haven't even acknowledged my application yet LOL

Yep that's what I'm planning to do with the ones that I haven't applied to with a year in industry. I really think it's one of the most valuable parts of thr degree! Loool it's such a rubbish waiting game. They're taking forever -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tow
Awesomee! :biggrin: I'm most likely gonna firm Exeter (if I don't get offers from Durham and Oxford, and like come on... like that's gonna happen). :P

Of the offers I have I'll firm Warwick, but I'm waiting (hopefully) for a Durham or Oxford offer too :smile:
Hello.

I am an international student applying for Classical civilization. I do IB and my predicted grades are as follows:

English A Lit HL: 6
Chinese B HL: 7
Art HL: 6
Biology SL: 7
Business and Management SL: 5
Math SL: 5
Extra points: 2

Total: 38/45

How likely am I to get an offer??
Just got an offer for Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, conditional AAB. I'm a medical applicant so this was my fifth choice :smile:
Original post by FrankTHEsehlat
Just got an offer for Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, conditional AAB. I'm a medical applicant so this was my fifth choice :smile:

Congratulations!! How long did you wait for your offer? Good luck for medicine😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending