The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Attendance

I'm studying at leeds university business school. I have been attending all the seminars and tutorials as well as attending group meetings, however I'm not a regular lecture attendee. My question is is there a possibility of university expelling me for low lecture attendance?
Why are you at university if you're not attending the lectures?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Sagarjadhav
I'm studying at leeds university business school. I have been attending all the seminars and tutorials as well as attending group meetings, however I'm not a regular lecture attendee. My question is is there a possibility of university expelling me for low lecture attendance?

Do they take a register at the lectures? If they don't probably not. However it's a bit daft not to go to them as my lectures (back in they day) would often talk about things not covered in the online material.
Reply 3
They post an online video recording of the lecture too, so material is not really a problem
It depends on your university's policies. If you have a course handbook then there's probably some information about it in there, but if not it might be worth asking someone (student union perhaps)? Your tutors might take a look at your attendance when writing references, so that's something to consider, but if your lectures are recorded and posted online then that suggests to me that they're not too strict about it.

Quick Reply

Latest