The Student Room Group

Bunking Modules.

Have been trying to stop doing it. Start once and fall into this loophole, tips to get out of it?
Grow up?

It’s your own time and money you’re wasting
Original post by Anonymous #1
Have been trying to stop doing it. Start once and fall into this loophole, tips to get out of it?

Hi there

I understand that it can be difficult to motivate yourself to attend classes sometimes. However, it is important to remember why you took the course and what you wish to get out of the experience.

I think that noticing this issue now is quite good. Since it is the start of the new year, try to motivate yourself to do your work and attend lessons. (I know it can be difficult attending classes again having skipped a lot of the content), but if you start attending now, you will have a better knowledge of the topics.

You could ask yourself why you do not attend lessons, are they useful? do you get anything out of them? If so, you should push yourself to attend. Perhaps meeting up with a group of friends to attend lessons together can help you get back into the flow of studying.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there,

Once you fall into this habit it can be hard to stop so trying to break it now is a good idea!

If it's a specific module that you keep not attending, it may be worth thinking that sometimes some modules aren't as interesting but you still need to pass al of them in order to get your degree. Even though they aren't as interesting, they are still important and it is still important to try and attend as many things as you can as this is the best way to get your degree and achieve the grades you are hoping for.

Try and see if your friends are going too as it can be more fun going with people sometimes. Or try and make new friends with people who are usually at the lectures as having a friend group that attends the lectures and seminars will motivate you to go too.

It's the start of a new year so getting into these habits this year will be good and if you start off motivated, you will be more inclined to carry this on!

I hope this helps,
Lucy - SHU student ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending