The Student Room Group

Registration and attendance confirmation

Hello everyone,

I have started Uni on 2nd of October 2023. I ve applied for student finance and all approved. Now my online SFE account says that they are waiting for my uni confirmation of registration ( which has been done weeks ago and I also attended my first classes).
I have emailed uni and asked for a confirmation of my registration being sent to SFE and their answer is that it takes longer because I am a partner student and I need to prove my attendance ( I study in one of their partners campuses in Oxford).
My question is, is this normal to have to wait until my uni confirms my attendance ? In my first year ( foundation year) I had to wait 3 months until I got paid. So I was only paid in January.
I think this is not right, I am paying the same amount of tuition fees like any other student, why do I need to wait for so long and I don't even know when I'm going to be paid?

P.S. sorry for my long enquiry
Yes, your uni needs to confirm your attendance every year. Usually it's more or less automatic but sometimes it's not and you need to chase them up and in general uni administrations are slow processes so it takes a while for things to get lined up...

This isn't really a query for SFE as they aren't the ones involved in confirming your attendance and have no influence over your uni in getting them to do that.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Yes, your uni needs to confirm your attendance every year. Usually it's more or less automatic but sometimes it's not and you need to chase them up and in general uni administrations are slow processes so it takes a while for things to get lined up...

This isn't really a query for SFE as they aren't the ones involved in confirming your attendance and have no influence over your uni in getting them to do that.

Thank you for your answer. I get that my uni needs to confirm my attendance every year and it's normal, however their partner college ( the campus where I study) already mentioned that it will take some time for my attendance to be sent. ( is my maintenance loan dependent on my attendance?)
As I already started my courses and I attended, why can't they send the confirmation of my enrollment so I can get my maintenance loan paid? Or what should I do to /who shall I speak with about that?
The partner college can decide to send over my attendance whenever they want?
Original post by Rainy.Laura
Thank you for your answer. I get that my uni needs to confirm my attendance every year and it's normal, however their partner college ( the campus where I study) already mentioned that it will take some time for my attendance to be sent. ( is my maintenance loan dependent on my attendance?)
As I already started my courses and I attended, why can't they send the confirmation of my enrollment so I can get my maintenance loan paid? Or what should I do to /who shall I speak with about that?
The partner college can decide to send over my attendance whenever they want?

It's something you need to take up with your uni/partner college's admin team. Your personal tutor might be worth looping in as well as sometimes they can help advocate for you (or grease some wheels!) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending