The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple piano
So are the interviews for Cambridge out then? Does anyone know people who received some? I am afraid I haven't heard anything either...

This gives me some hope (you are 5th person I know who told me they heard nothing).

Last year, they came out on 4th of November, Monday...
Original post by morphdoc
This gives me some hope (you are 5th person I know who told me they heard nothing).

Last year, they came out on 4th of November, Monday...

Gives me hope too. I have my heart set on Cambridge unfortunately.
Had few friends w/o PhD and publications who got interview at Cambridge...

It's about the answers for the white box questions, I think mine were too "standard"...

I know someone who got into Cambs AFP last year without PhD so it's definitely possible (thought admittedly, he had a gold-leafed CV with lots of publications).

I struggled a bit with the white space questions. It's incredibly difficult to know what they are looking for. 200 words wasn't really enough to convey much.. I also applied to Oxford AFP and found their white space questions better to answer.
I'm pretty confident they aren't yet out. People just panicking...
Original post by purple piano
Gives me hope too. I have my heart set on Cambridge unfortunately.

Yea, same me. I also put Cambridge as my first FP choice (or rather East Anglia), God, I hope I get good SJT score in case if I don't get AFP there :x
Had few friends w/o PhD and publications who got interview at Cambridge...

It's about the answers for the white box questions, I think mine were too "standard"...
Interviews for this year? Not sure if 'had' refers to current application or friends you know who applied in the past?

I still haven't heard anything back from Cambridge either. At least we know Thames will get back to everyone on Nov 14th!
Original post by i'm no superman
Interviews for this year? Not sure if 'had' refers to current application or friends you know who applied in the past?

I still haven't heard anything back from Cambridge either. At least we know Thames will get back to everyone on Nov 14th!

Sorry, I mean last year.

Yea, why don't they give clear dates like Thames do? so annoying
Original post by KF99
I've got an interview for Scotland AUoA!

...now the interview prep stress begins!

Hi KF99! Congratulations! That's fantastic news, Well done!
hehe don't stress about the interviews, I'm sure it will be fine!
Reply 108
Original post by Cannula
Hi KF99! Congratulations! That's fantastic news, Well done!
hehe don't stress about the interviews, I'm sure it will be fine!

Thanks Cannula!
Have you had any good news yet? Good luck :smile:
Original post by KF99
Thanks Cannula!

Yes I did get an interview too! teehee feeling very excited because I've never actually been to Scotland before! Funny that because just really like the idea of Scotland, seems like a fantastic place to be. I put it as the first choice for the standard foundation programme too, this will be a good excuse to take a little tour!

Anyways I'm so glad to see that you got offered an interview, good luck good luck! Hopefully everyone else will hear back soon!
Original post by KF99
Thanks Cannula!

one more thing, make sure you get an interview slot as soon as possible, I had a look and there are limited spaces, so try to make a selection soon so that you can get the time slot you prefer, you can do this by going onto FPAS
Above heard back from Yorkshire? Apparently Friday is last day to hear back if your successful...
Reply 112
Well done on the interviews guys, would it be possible at all for you to share your profiles?
Reply 113
Original post by Cannula
Yes I did get an interview too! teehee feeling very excited because I've never actually been to Scotland before! Funny that because just really like the idea of Scotland, seems like a fantastic place to be. I put it as the first choice for the standard foundation programme too, this will be a good excuse to take a little tour!

Anyways I'm so glad to see that you got offered an interview, good luck good luck! Hopefully everyone else will hear back soon!

Congratulations and well done Cannula! :biggrin:

You've never been to Scotland! Wow thats really exciting then, I hope you are able to do lots of sightseeing after your interview!

And thanks for the heads up on interviews - not to worry - I booked my slot within 20 minutes of the interview email :tongue:. I went for the Thursday afternoon.
Original post by divinelord
Above heard back from Yorkshire? Apparently Friday is last day to hear back if your successful...

Just got an interview from Yorkshire & Humber. Anyone else heard?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 115
Hi divinelord and isometrix what did you apply for med ed or research.
Original post by abc44
Hi divinelord and isometrix what did you apply for med ed or research.

Research, didn't actually rank any of the education ones.
Reply 117
Congrats to all those with interviews!!!

Anyone heard back from North Western at all?
It says on their AFP website that shortlisting will be on 6th November... does that mean they start shortlisting on this date? Or we should hear back from them on the 6th?
Anyone heard from Cambridge (please, say no!!) :frown:
Has anyone heard from Mersey or Northern Deaneries yet???
Nervous Irish student here!

Latest

Trending

Trending