The Student Room Group

Foundation year

I need 40% to pass foundation year can anyone tell me if 49/100 is still a 40% pass for that module
Hey!

Typically, a passing grade of 40% means that you need to achieve at least 40% of the total marks available. But still, I would recommend you to check out grading policies specific to your university. Further, you can also reach out to your PAT (Personal Academic Tutor) and academic support available at your university for further clarification. Hope this helps!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
Original post by Anonymous
I need 40% to pass foundation year can anyone tell me if 49/100 is still a 40% pass for that module

49 / 100 = 0.49 x 100 = 49%.
You’ve definitely passed that particular module, well done :woo: When you say you need 40% to pass the foundation year you don't say whether you mean 40% as an average of all your modules, or just each module. Most uni’s you’d need at least 40% in each module to pass but its definitely worth checking your course handbook or programme specification to double check it is 40% or anything higher :smile:

Also for future reference it might be worth looking up some youtube videos on calculating percentages if you’re still unsure at this point in your education :smile: Some of my modules have been silly and only given us marks out of 50 so we have to convert it ourselves, or if you’re doing any kind of science degree you will for sure be using percentages at some point.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Chronoscope
49 / 100 = 0.49 x 100 = 49%.
You’ve definitely passed that particular module, well done :woo: When you say you need 40% to pass the foundation year you don't say whether you mean 40% as an average of all your modules, or just each module. Most uni’s you’d need at least 40% in each module to pass but its definitely worth checking your course handbook or programme specification to double check it is 40% or anything higher :smile:

Also for future reference it might be worth looking up some youtube videos on calculating percentages if you’re still unsure at this point in your education :smile: Some of my modules have been silly and only given us marks out of 50 so we have to convert it ourselves, or if you’re doing any kind of science degree you will for sure be using percentages at some point.

My course leader just said 40% in order to pass the foundation year, she never said what I need to achieve in each module, so I'm assuming if I get 40% or over on each module I'll manage to get a pass for this foundation year.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending