The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicetulips
About the middle of October, you x

End of October. I'm waiting for leeds Beckett thats all :/ x
Original post by Shaunanoden
good luck! I'm so nervous, what have you read that's current?:smile:x

Good luck to you too!! I've been reading the nursing times about documents, maybe Ebola I might talk about x
Original post by blondy2012
End of October. I'm waiting for leeds Beckett thats all :/ x

Leeds Beckett gave me an interview date yesterday so they're probably getting round to it now. If they were going to reject you, you'd have heard about it by now so no news is good news really :smile: x
Leeds Beckett gave me an interview date yesterday so they're probably getting round to it now. If they were going to reject you, you'd have heard about it by now so no news is good news really :smile: x

Yeah I suppose that is a good way at looking at it :') thanks :smile: x
admissions. but my friend got in and she had a c in maths and a b in english :smile:
Oh OK thanks, maybe they are wanting at least 1 b then. Have you got a place at the uni? (if u dont mind me asking) :smile:
Original post by nadzworldz
Oh OK thanks, maybe they are wanting at least 1 b then. Have you got a place at the uni? (if u dont mind me asking) :smile:

No I'm still waiting to here back from them :smile: x
Original post by rachelhelm
aww well done thats really good! Im so worried im not hearing anything! Some of my friends are applying for midwifery and already have interviews!!

I have an interview for adult nursing on the 3rd :smile:
Just received an interview for University of Leeds on the 3rd December! Absolutely over the moon as it is my first choice!!! :biggrin:
No I'm still waiting to here back from them :smile: x
Ok well good luck.:smile:
Original post by nadzworldz
Ok well good luck.:smile:

I got an interview through the post this morning :')
I'm applying for Adult Nursing at University of Glasgow, Robert Gordons Uni, Queen Margarets Uni, Glasgow Caledonian and University of Dundee. For work experience I have spent time at a care home and a primary school, taken a first aid course, done paired reading in school and raise money for charity. Do you think that is enough? What has everyone else got?
Reply 431
Original post by emilyd247
I'm applying for Adult Nursing at University of Glasgow, Robert Gordons Uni, Queen Margarets Uni, Glasgow Caledonian and University of Dundee. For work experience I have spent time at a care home and a primary school, taken a first aid course, done paired reading in school and raise money for charity. Do you think that is enough? What has everyone else got?

I dont think hank it's the quantity that matters, it's about showing what skills you have learnt that can help you, become and be a good nurse. I have done a bit of care work ( 2-3 shifts a month), since sept, before that I worked in business administration. I looked at the skills I thought were important for a nurse and demonstrated in my personal statement, how I had these. I have been offered interviews for all 5 uni's I applied too.
Original post by Sophi12
I've just finished my first year of a Children's Nursing degree so if you have any questions, just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What uni do you go to.:smile:
Original post by Caykon
How did you interview go? what sort of things did they ask? got mine in the morning and am so nervous.

How did your interview go? I have an interview for adult nursing with Oxford Brookes in Swindon on the 25th!
Has anyone else got interviews at Oxford Brookes Swindon on 25th Nov or UWE on 15th Dec?

Anyone that has done an adult nursing interview at either of these Universities do you have any tips or advice?
Reply 435
Original post by Twirlycurlygirl
How did your interview go? I have an interview for adult nursing with Oxford Brookes in Swindon on the 25th!

It it felt like it went ok, they said I should hear a decision in 7-10 days, so will know for sure then. The oxford interview was very relaxed, lots of time to talk with the other people being interviewed. Most of the time was taken up by them telling us about the course. My advice would be to try and relax and be yourself. They appeared to want to see the real you. Read about current issues and you should be fine :-)
Reply 436
Original post by charlotte70
I'm applying for Adult Nursing at Teesside, Northumbria and Hull :smile:

nice to see somebody apply for Hull Adult nursing I am going to apply as well hope we will do it:smile:
Reply 437
Original post by Sophi12
I've just finished my first year of a Children's Nursing degree so if you have any questions, just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi sophie, just wounder what sort of question students are asked at interview thanks
I got an interview through the post this morning :')
Wow well good luck, how are you feeling?
Interviews at Hull and Leeds Met. Has anyone else got one. Just waiting for Birmingham City now.

Ive got an interview at Hull 26th Nov :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending