The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The thing is... You hate Pakistani people yet you're crying because you want other races to accept you as a Pakistani guy :K:

I feel sorry for you. It's like all of the negative things that have been directed at you, has also been absorbed by you. Nothing is stopping you from singing around a xmas tree and eating fish & chips if that's what you wish. I have a few Pakistani friends (females & 1 male) who are proud of their heritage and aren't how you depict Pakistani people to be like. You can have a preference in who you wish to date, but its pretty pathetic that you put down your own people just to 'justify' in a sense, why you like white girls/whatever race. Who would even like you when you don't even like yourself?

You can't slap the Pakistani out of your future half-Pakistani kid lol. Get a grip, man. You might be light-skinned but you're still Pakistani. Like Kanye said, "even if you in a Benz, you still a ninja".

Yes. I just quoted Kanye.
Original post by sophiamarni
my friend she just like you we go to a girls school tho :/ i dunno why she wishes she was white

Life is funner, allowed to have gf/bf, drink and stuff
No religion to make you pray and do stupid things you don't like.
People are more educated, and you can hold a proper conversation, instead of speak retarded english.
No culture(English has a tiny culture).
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know what? Pakistani only just do stupid **** all the time.
All the time my mom and aunties come and backbite while I revise. Chat complete **** behind other people's backs.
They believe in the weirdest **** ever, I spoke to someone who is meant to be my friend from college(pakistani). They told me how did x and x and I was really happy for them and said great job. They said say Mash'allah or black magic. I was like **** off, if you were my friend you'd know I wanted good for you, don't need mas'allah to prove it you.
Also they are VERY VERY RACIST to black people. Believe me, one prick in college thinks just cause he is slightly lighter(nowhere near as light as me) he is superior to darker asians and black people. prick.

I haven't even spoke to a girl before cause it was haram...
I can't even speak to girl, find it very hard, it has really ruined my life.

It's okay bro, I got my own reasons for disliking some aspects of being Pakistani, but I'll pin down to family instead of it reflecting the whole of Pakistan, but some people aint doing themselves any favours. A lot you have posted is kind of true, but at the same time we live in different cultures I guess, I find it hard to label my self British or Pakistani first, but I got a more open mindset, the people who are born in Pakistan have different mindsets to us man.
I get where you're coming from with the not liking the culture, I dislike a lot of it aswell. I'm sick of it.
You don't have to follow the culture, live your life the way you want it and raise your kids the way you want. If you want to celebrate eid do it, if it's turkey and presents you want, go for it.
As for the girls issue, there's many open minded people in the world, Asians too if you can believe me.
Actually I am whiter than most pakistanis. My mother is pathan and did is pakistani, that's why I have light skin.

I don't give a flying **** how white or not so white you are. You are who you are. Your parents don't define you, they will to some extent but you can be what you want to be. Wanna be a wannabe-white-boy? Go right ahead..
Reply 25
I get where you're coming from with the not liking the culture, I dislike a lot of it aswell. I'm sick of it.
You don't have to follow the culture, live your life the way you want it and raise your kids the way you want. If you want to celebrate eid do it, if it's turkey and presents you want, go for it.
As for the girls issue, there's many open minded people in the world, Asians too if you can believe me.
I agree, I dislike aspects of the culture too, but heres the thing, you dont have to follow it, break the stereotypes and culture and make people admire you for challenging it, you'll still be Pakistani at the end of the day, but not the typical one.
Let me begin with hating being a pakistani! I am an atheist and can't tell anyone except only my trusted friend. I live in pakistani area which is complete ****. I go to college with mostly pakistanis. But honestly wish I was born into an english family. I hate the culture. I hate the religion.

I am relatively white, you could tell that I was from asia but you wouldn't assume I was from pakistan.
I want to have a white girlfriend or (black, if I love her) but I feel all the white people in general hate us. White girls look much much more beautiful than pakistani girls on a whole(I have meet 10,000+ asians so I KNOW from quite a big sample).

Honestly, there are about 4 white girls in my college and they are all much better looking, but the way they live life in general is far more important to me and I love the fact that they act like a companion and someone you want to go through life with than the typical pakistani who just married when young, have sex, lots of children and stay at home. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS AROUND ME, I KNOW pakistanis will comment on this thread negatively but if you are going to do that, remember this is my opinion. I want real help, not hate.

How is an ex-muslim even meant to find a girl friend when most think he is just a stupid pakistani?(I am pretty clever too).
I wouldn't mind going out with anyone in general but not religious people.
I meant white in the OP as like a white family( go out together, have fun, sing, xmas), doesn't have to be literally white.

Any advice on anything at all will help.

Firstly OP it's good that you want your allegiance to be to the UK and not Pakistan, as an ex Muslim you've presumably realized that religion among other things is destroying your country and that the west is culturally superior in its values with relation to prosperity.

Secondly OP, it sounds quite tough but my advise is to live the lie until you can leave for university or move out. In the meantime i advise that you make friends and integrate well with white folk and that way your more likely to find friends and future spouse free of religion or at least not fundamentalist in their views.
Original post by D.n.A
I agree, I dislike aspects of the culture too, but heres the thing, you dont have to follow it, break the stereotypes and culture and make people admire you for challenging it, you'll still be Pakistani at the end of the day, but not the typical one.

Not a typical one?
What the heck is a typical one, may I ask?
Original post by Adeel Ali
I don't give a flying **** how white or not so white you are. You are who you are. Your parents don't define you, they will to some extent but you can be what you want to be. Wanna be a wannabe-white-boy? Go right ahead..

Okay, thanks for your opinion but please kindly leave this thread. You are derailing. You aren't being helpful. Just a prick.
Original post by D.n.A
I was a self hating Pakistani too, but now I just accept, best you can do is challenge the stereotypes, and you have bro, your an athiest after all.

You talk like it's still the middle ages and atheism is a thing.

No wonder Pakistan isn't doing all too well.

Anyway to the OP I would advise simply adopting the good ideas in life and abandoning the bad ones, which seems like what you've already done.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey I happen to love black pp! And find them really nice, god knows where u live but my Pakistani community are nothing like this, u seem to be describing typical typical Pakistanis from back home but face it every culture is different, but most British pakis aren't like that tbh anyway, you are entitled to your own beliefs and whatever but don't bad mouth them and categorise them all as the same coz not everyone is and your negativity is unhealthy, there are positives too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bleach your skin boy.
Reply 32
Original post by Adeel Ali
Not a typical one?
What the heck is a typical one, may I ask?

I guess we'll have different opinions on what we define as typical ones, the ones in the media are presented as let's face it, scummy people, the ones I know are into following the gangster culture, and then the few I know who have a plan, doctors etc, the latter is obviously the best, but it seemed they are underrepresented in my opinion, so all people do look at us are benefits stealing cab drivers.
Okay, thanks for your opinion but please kindly leave this thread. You are derailing. You aren't being helpful. Just a prick.

I'm not being a prick at all. It's just annoying me how you think white people are superior. And also how desperately you want to be white. I feel sorry for you pal.
Reply 34
Original post by felamaslen
You talk like it's still the middle ages and atheism is a thing.

No wonder Pakistan isn't doing all too well.

Anyway to the OP I would advise simply adopting the good ideas in life and abandoning the bad ones, which seems like what you've already done.

Atheism is a thing in the middle ages? And all I was just telling him to do was break social barriers of what people think of Pakistanis.
Original post by D.n.A
I guess we'll have different opinions on what we define as typical ones, the ones in the media are presented as let's face it, scummy people, the ones I know are into following the gangster culture, and then the few I know who have a plan, doctors etc, the latter is obviously the best, but it seemed they are underrepresented in my opinion, so all people do look at us are benefits stealing cab drivers.

Couldn't agree with you more. The media only piblicises the bad. Giving us a bad name. When infact there are a lot of us that do have aspirations
Original post by D.n.A
Atheism is a thing in the middle ages? And all I was just telling him to do was break social barriers of what people think of Pakistanis.

I meant that atheism shouldn't be a big deal nowadays. Don't worry about it, I don't want to derail the thread.
Actually I am whiter than most pakistanis. My mother is pathan and did is pakistani, that's why I have light skin.

I'm sorry OP, but I have to agree with some of the people here. Your attitude towards where you come from isn't very healthy. I'm a white (as in white skinned) Iraqi, atheist and gay (great combo, I win lol), I used to have that same attitude of yours (and I still do a bit) towards most arabic people. Where we come from (you and I) are horrible places, and white people just don't understand that. However, you, most definitely, should NOT be ashamed of coming from a place like that; you should be proud. Please PM me if you want any help or to talk or whatever.
Reply 38
Original post by felamaslen
I meant that atheism shouldn't be a big deal nowadays. Don't worry about it, I don't want to derail the thread.

I know it's not a big deal for people like Pakistani religion is an important factor to them.
Original post by gagafacea1
I'm sorry OP, but I have to agree with some of the people here. Your attitude towards where you come from isn't very healthy. I'm a white (as in white skinned) Iraqi, atheist and gay (great combo, I win lol), I used to have that same attitude of yours (and I still do a bit) towards most arabic people. Where we come from (you and I) are horrible places, and white people just don't understand that. However, you, most definitely, should NOT be ashamed of coming from a place like that; you should be proud. Please PM me if you want any help or to talk or whatever.

Wow. Tough combo buddy..

Latest

Trending

Trending