The Student Room Group

I think I’m pretty but I don’t get many boys attention?

I’m 17 years old (18 in august) and I’m 5’10/5’11 in height. Genuinely, I think I’m pretty. Not like model pretty but relatively pretty. I do have one feature which I really hate but I’m planning on sorting that out by the summer (nose filler).
I’m also NOT white. I’m brown and I’m from a white dominant area and go to a white dominant school.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m brown (I’m light skinned brown like Pakistani colour) or if it’s because im a giant in height and most boys are shorter than me but I don’t get that many boys attention. Some guys think I’m 6 foot for gods sake it’s so bad because most boys are shorter than me.
I’ve been asked out tbh by 6 boys in total and I can tell that some other guys in class like talking to me as when they’re talking to their friend who sits next to me, they’re always making eye contact with me.
But for some reason I still don’t get that much attention compared to my white Friends. Icl I do not go out of the house AT ALL. I don’t go shopping and I have no social life because my parents don’t let me out. However my white friends are all 18 and go to clubs and have kissed so many guys.
I don’t know why I’m feeling so left out. Tbh I don’t really care as I’m focusing on my alevels and getting all A*s, but I’m wondering why boys don’t really ask for my number etc.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m 17 years old (18 in august) and I’m 5’10/5’11 in height. Genuinely, I think I’m pretty. Not like model pretty but relatively pretty. I do have one feature which I really hate but I’m planning on sorting that out by the summer (nose filler).
I’m also NOT white. I’m brown and I’m from a white dominant area and go to a white dominant school.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m brown (I’m light skinned brown like Pakistani colour) or if it’s because im a giant in height and most boys are shorter than me but I don’t get that many boys attention. Some guys think I’m 6 foot for gods sake it’s so bad because most boys are shorter than me.
I’ve been asked out tbh by 6 boys in total and I can tell that some other guys in class like talking to me as when they’re talking to their friend who sits next to me, they’re always making eye contact with me.
But for some reason I still don’t get that much attention compared to my white Friends. Icl I do not go out of the house AT ALL. I don’t go shopping and I have no social life because my parents don’t let me out. However my white friends are all 18 and go to clubs and have kissed so many guys.
I don’t know why I’m feeling so left out. Tbh I don’t really care as I’m focusing on my alevels and getting all A*s, but I’m wondering why boys don’t really ask for my number etc.

Are you a player that you need the attention of that many boys, get yourself educated first and then worry about boys afterwards boys care about being educated and having the educational qualifications and certifications more than anything else
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
Are you a player that you need the attention of that many boys, get yourself educated first and then worry about boys afterwards boys care about being educated and having the educational qualifications and certifications more than anything else

Honestly that is my goal 🙂 I want to get all A*s in my alevels (as I am currently) and I want to go off and get an amazing degree. I just go through a little bit of FOMO.
I feel like at sixth form, all my best friend ever talks about is boys, boys, boys. ‘I kissed 3 guys yesterday at the club’ this guy asked for my Snapchat’
Tbh none of her situations go well, they’ve all failed but I still feel a bit jealous. Honestly that’s all she ever talks about and it’s getting a bit annoying now to the point where I’m for some reason jealous of her??
She’s failing all of her subjects recently because she’s going clubbing and texting guys. I don’t want to be like that at all.
You've had six boys ask you out - that's a lot of interest for someone who is only 17 and doesn't have a social life!

Try not to compare yourself to friends who have the freedom to go out in the evenings and to clubs - they're putting themselves into an environment where many people are actively seeking out people to hook-up with whereas you've not experienced that. You're putting yourself down unfairly if you try to compare yourself to them.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Honestly that is my goal 🙂 I want to get all A*s in my alevels (as I am currently) and I want to go off and get an amazing degree. I just go through a little bit of FOMO.
I feel like at sixth form, all my best friend ever talks about is boys, boys, boys. ‘I kissed 3 guys yesterday at the club’ this guy asked for my Snapchat’
Tbh none of her situations go well, they’ve all failed but I still feel a bit jealous. Honestly that’s all she ever talks about and it’s getting a bit annoying now to the point where I’m for some reason jealous of her??
She’s failing all of her subjects recently because she’s going clubbing and texting guys. I don’t want to be like that at all.

It’s just I’d be careful until you know there’s the right one some boys aren’t who they tend to be you know and obviously you’ve stated your 17 turning 18 in August I’d obviously have A-Levels done and out of the way to show one way or the other that career and education wise your going somewhere and then obviously you got 19s, 20s to find the one whether that’s at university, place of work you know..
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammed_80
It’s just I’d be careful until you know there’s the right one some boys aren’t who they tend to be you know and obviously you’ve stated your 17 turning 18 in August I’d obviously have A-Levels done and out of the way to show one way or the other that career and education wise your going somewhere and then obviously you got 19s, 20s to find the one whether that’s at university, place of work you know..

100%. I like your logic. Reminds me of my parents. I tend to kind of ‘stay away’ when a boy liked me in the past because through my elder siblings experience and my parents telling me, it derails teenagers from their real focus which should be alevels. I really care about my future and I want to be successful. I think I’m just surrounded by rotten apples who are basically waiting for me to become rotten. Sorry I think that analogy sounded harsher than I meant but the idea is there
Reply 6
Original post by 1582
You've had six boys ask you out - that's a lot of interest for someone who is only 17 and doesn't have a social life!

Try not to compare yourself to friends who have the freedom to go out in the evenings and to clubs - they're putting themselves into an environment where many people are actively seeking out people to hook-up with whereas you've not experienced that. You're putting yourself down unfairly if you try to compare yourself to them.

Okay. You’re right.
Thank you for this. It has made me feel better. I’m going to focus on my future rather than do what my friends do and focus on hooking up with guys and snogging them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending