The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Illustration BA(Hons) 2015 Applicants

Since I will be applying for Illustration at Brighton, I thought I should create an early thread about it.

I haven't even sent my application yet and I am so stressed because my top choice is this university. However, all I have heard is how hard it is to get in because of the over subscription. Would anyone have any advice on having a higher chance? This is literally do or die because it's crucial that I get in haha.

Maybe examples on how a portfolio should look like (if I even get an interview) but I will because I am so committed.

Would be great to hear from others applying from Illustration/Graphic Design. Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by MelinaR
Since I will be applying for Illustration at Brighton, I thought I should create an early thread about it.

I haven't even sent my application yet and I am so stressed because my top choice is this university. However, all I have heard is how hard it is to get in because of the over subscription. Would anyone have any advice on having a higher chance? This is literally do or die because it's crucial that I get in haha.

Maybe examples on how a portfolio should look like (if I even get an interview) but I will because I am so committed.

Would be great to hear from others applying from Illustration/Graphic Design. Good luck everyone :smile:

I'm sorry I can't be much use about applying to Brighton, but I'm applying for Illustration causes now too! Where else are you thinking of applying? Just had my Huddersfield interview and have other interviews coming up :smile:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello there! I'm applying to the Illustration course at Brighton as well! Haven't sent the application yet but I will be doing so quite soon! Brighton's actually my first choice and I'm really anxious :/ I really want to get in but from what I've been hearing and reading it's next to impossible.

Anyways, I'm aspiring to become a film/video game concept artist by the way. I was wondering if you guys think that the Illustration BA at Brighton can accomodate potential concept artists
Reply 3
Original post by AVGA17
Hello there! I'm applying to the Illustration course at Brighton as well! Haven't sent the application yet but I will be doing so quite soon! Brighton's actually my first choice and I'm really anxious :/ I really want to get in but from what I've been hearing and reading it's next to impossible.

Anyways, I'm aspiring to become a film/video game concept artist by the way. I was wondering if you guys think that the Illustration BA at Brighton can accomodate potential concept artists

I'm in the same position as you. I'm dying from anxiety haha. I'll be sending my application off on Monday. Why is it so difficult to get into Brighton I'm so mad haha surely we still have a chance just like any other university??
Good luck with your application! I've read that Illustration at Brighton is very diverse and not restricting at all. You could use film etc to get your point across which is pretty cool.
Reply 4
Original post by lilymayor96
I'm sorry I can't be much use about applying to Brighton, but I'm applying for Illustration causes now too! Where else are you thinking of applying? Just had my Huddersfield interview and have other interviews coming up :smile:

That's okay :smile: it's nice to meet other people that are going to do the same course as well. I was thinking of UAL and other places in London but my heart is so set for Brighton I would be devastated if I got rejected there haha.

Woop well done on the interviews! Everything is sounding good. Best of luck to you
Thank you! Really would also love to get into Edinburgh or Leeds college of art, but I know how hard they are to get in to.
And good luck! You'll have to keep us posted on everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending