The Student Room Group

what can I do with a ba without HONS

I have a law degree without hons, so a ba without hons, I dont want to work as a lawyer - that dream is gone but would like to work in a creative field...
I mean, in general, the things you can do without a degree, which is quite a lot. You aren't going to be able to apply to graduate roles with an ordinary degree, but you can certainly get started in at the ground floor and the experiences from the degree will still (hopefully) have provided you with relevant transferable skills employers are looking for that you can illustrate with examples. Look for entry level positions (ideally those with scope for progression) and see where you can go from there.

In terms of working in a creative field, this can vary depending what the specific field is. But generally you'll likely need some examples of your work, ideally professional but also some personal projects may be appropriate, in some kind of a portfolio to try and begin selling yourself as a candidate for contracts. Networking is essential in basically all creative fields as far as I'm aware, since creative sectors tend to be dominated by contract and freelance work, so you need to develop a network of contacts with whom you can collaborate and also get information on potential new contracts in the area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending