The Student Room Group

Can I join the Navy If turned down by RAF?

I am applying for a Weapons System Operator in the RAF. I've done my p2 presentation and next step is an aptitude test. If I am to fail my aptitude test what kind of options will they give me? or will it just be game over, go home, wait a year?
Also, if my application to the RAF is unsuccessful am I able to apply for the navy straight away? thanks!
If you fail for wsop you'll have to wait 12 months.

You can apply for the navy at any point however if doing an aptitude based role they also use the CBAT at cranwell so you may have to wait.

If you're switched on I wouldn't worry about not passing for wsop it's the lowest requirement of the aptitude based roles and they are crying out for them currently.
Reply 2
okay thanks! just after having my P2 presentation today the lady made it how clear it was of how hard it is to get accepted.
and apparently statistic say only 1 in 17 people that apply for the RAF get a job? not sure about that but the odds arent in my favor from what i've heard :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by AeroBoy
okay thanks! just after having my P2 presentation today the lady made it how clear it was of how hard it is to get accepted.
and apparently statistic say only 1 in 17 people that apply for the RAF get a job? not sure about that but the odds arent in my favor from what i've heard :s-smilie:

Why would you then think that your odds for the Navy are any better?
Ok, less people might apply for it, but it's much smaller in the first place.

Every job in the forces is a competitive one and that's especially true about the flying jobs. If you want it, work for it.
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
Why would you then think that your odds for the Navy are any better?
Ok, less people might apply for it, but it's much smaller in the first place.

Every job in the forces is a competitive one and that's especially true about the flying jobs. If you want it, work for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm working my ass off for it. It's my dream job so why wouldn't I...

It's a sensible think to explore my options and not just expect it too all go to plan.

My brother, who's slightly older and less intelligent than me got into the navy after failing to join the RAF so i was just wondering if I may be able to do the same thing.
Reply 5
Original post by AeroBoy
My brother, who's slightly older and less intelligent than me got into the navy after failing to join the RAF so i was just wondering if I may be able to do the same thing.

Well surely you've just answered your own question? I'm not sure what else you could want to get from us, you already have the anecdotal evidence to say that yes you could...

Quick Reply

Latest