The Student Room Group

How many days a week do you do phys in RN basic

Hi all
Looking to re-join the Navy after failing Commando selection.
We did PT at least once per day 6x a week (Monday-Saturday)

Does anyone know if this is the same for basic training in the Royal Navy?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Does it make a difference if it is 3 days or 6 days?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Does it make a difference if it is 3 days or 6 days?

Well yes
Is that what it is then? 3 days a week?
Reply 3
Original post by AllahLaSmurf
Well yes
Is that what it is then? 3 days a week?

How does it make a difference? I don't know how many days it would be of formal PT, but you go in prepared for anything. When I joined the RAF even activities like navigation and leadership exercises, which were done in uniform, were made as fast and physical as possible by my Flight Commander.
Reply 4
Mate, pretty much all boot camps will follow the same pattern which will involve getting all candidates up to an acceptable level of fitness. In my experience (I’ve done 3 inc military and police) this involved daily workouts (Mon-Fri) . Yes, the training was rigorous and stretched most people ( there’s always at least one racing whippet 🤣) but the vast majority managed to achieve the required level.

If you did the Lympstone course, I’m sure you’ll already be at a higher level of fitness than most basic recruits to the RN. I wouldn’t worry about the phys sessions during your new Phase 1 course, they’re unlikely to be as tough as the Commando ones! But good luck with the new chapter, it’s no disgrace to attempt the RM course and fail to achieve the highest standard.

Quick Reply

Latest