The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wnee-hee
Can I ask where you're from?������
To be honest you should go for whatever feels right, as I find that going with your cut feeling will lead to the best possible outcome

I'm from Morocco :tongue:

What about you ?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by houdhoud1997
I'm from Morocco :tongue:

What about you ?

I'm originally from Lithuania but I've been living in the UK for 3 years
Original post by sarah.97
Are you international? What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

when did you apply?
Original post by greeksoldierboy
when did you apply?

Warwick, qmul, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester for economics

Wbu?
Original post by kealanjones
First choice? :smile:
What are your other choices?

Yep first choice, I've got offers from Sheffield and Kent too but I only really want to go to Warwick. How about you?
anyone apply for law with lower predicted grades but still get an offer?
What's annoying is that, no one cares about individual subject ranking! The university you attend has it's name from it's overall ranking. That's where all the fame comes in. Even if Warwick was last for, say Biology, no one would care because it's 7th overall in the UK. It's such an amazing, prestigious institution. As for UCL vs Warwick vs Imperial vs LSE, there's virtually no difference other than location. Warwick may appeal to those who've lived in a city and the others may appeal to those who've lived in the country. That is it.

Honestly, nobody goes around saying "what rank is your uni for this particular subject?".
Original post by ShafTJB
What's annoying is that, no one cares about individual subject ranking! The university you attend has it's name from it's overall ranking. That's where all the fame comes in. Even if Warwick was last for, say Biology, no one would care because it's 7th overall in the UK. It's such an amazing, prestigious institution. As for UCL vs Warwick vs Imperial vs LSE, there's virtually no difference other than location. Warwick may appeal to those who've lived in a city and the others may appeal to those who've lived in the country. That is it.

Honestly, nobody goes around saying "what rank is your uni for this particular subject?".

Very true!
Warwick is such an amazing university! Well done to all those who have received offers, it's far from easy. I am at Cambridge now, but last year, Warwick was my insurance. It was a close call between Warwick and Imperial. UCL and Bath were my safety choices last year. Warwick is such a fantastic, world class institution. Most people at my College, at Cambridge, had put Warwick as their Insurance too, and had said, had they not got an offer from Cambridge, Warwick would be their firm. Also, at my school, Warwick was nearly every successful Oxbridge applicants insurance, and nearly every non-Oxbridge applicants firm. It is so prestigious! I have a lot of friends there that say it is absolutely fantastic.

#EngineeringApplicantOf2013/14SayingWellDone!
Reply 309
Original post by CarrieHartAlexia
Warwick is such an amazing university! Well done to all those who have received offers, it's far from easy. I am at Cambridge now, but last year, Warwick was my insurance. It was a close call between Warwick and Imperial. UCL and Bath were my safety choices last year. Warwick is such a fantastic, world class institution. Most people at my College, at Cambridge, had put Warwick as their Insurance too, and had said, had they not got an offer from Cambridge, Warwick would be their firm. Also, at my school, Warwick was nearly every successful Oxbridge applicants insurance, and nearly every non-Oxbridge applicants firm. It is so prestigious! I have a lot of friends there that say it is absolutely fantastic.

#EngineeringApplicantOf2013/14SayingWellDone!

Hey do you know anyone that does Physics at Warwick?
Original post by MoSalhi
Hey do you know anyone that does Physics at Warwick?

I've got a friend doing Mathematics and Physics. She loves it! Extremely demanding course!
Reply 311
Hey, I'm from London and I've applied to Warwick and UCL to study Physics. I'm just thinking whether it would be better to go to Warwick, or stay in London and commute from home to UCL? I want to know which one would be a better student experience and also bearing in mind that I would have a greater debt if I moved out. What do you think? Is anyone else in a similar situation ? Thanks
Original post by MoSalhi
Hey, I'm from London and I've applied to Warwick and UCL to study Physics. I'm just thinking whether it would be better to go to Warwick, or stay in London and commute from home to UCL? I want to know which one would be a better student experience and also bearing in mind that I would have a greater debt if I moved out. What do you think? Is anyone else in a similar situation ? Thanks

Well, by ranks Warwick is better. But tbh, UCL and Warwick have negligible difference. I'm also a central Londoner, so that's why I'm choosing Warwick, would be a whole new experience- and as a student, the campus life is something that really appeals to me. And apparently the campus life at Warwick is so damn great!
Reply 313
Got an offer for Biochemistry :smile: so happy!
Reply 314
Original post by Becky29
Got an offer for Biochemistry :smile: so happy!

Well done !!! I have an offer for medicinal chemistry :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer for Accounting and Finance!! Just a question, I know your views might be slightly bias but do you guys think Bath or Warwick would be a better option? I really cant decide both look amazing! Congrats btw for all the students with offers
Reply 316
Original post by sgmanowns
I got an offer for Accounting and Finance!! Just a question, I know your views might be slightly bias but do you guys think Bath or Warwick would be a better option? I really cant decide both look amazing! Congrats btw for all the students with offers

Warwick is certainly more prestigious as university in general and for A&F in particular. In fact, Warwick is the second best UK university for A&F after only LSE.
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone applied or got an offer for Law with social sciences?! I'm getting so nervous now as it is my first choice!
Got my offer for Philosophy and Literature today - bouncing with joy! My offer is AB because I already have my A-Level in English Lit. I think it'll most likely be my insurance, rather than my firm, but still thrilled. It's the first one I've heard back from, so it depends on where else I get offers. Ideally I want to go to Bristol or UCL, but if those don't work out Warwick will probably be my firm.
Reply 319
Original post by The Nightingale
Got my offer for Philosophy and Literature today - bouncing with joy! My offer is AB because I already have my A-Level in English Lit. I think it'll most likely be my insurance, rather than my firm, but still thrilled. It's the first one I've heard back from, so it depends on where else I get offers. Ideally I want to go to Bristol or UCL, but if those don't work out Warwick will probably be my firm.

Congratulations! I also hold an offer for Philosophy and Literature, but it is only a B in Philosophy A-level (got 2 As already). What did you apply for at UCL? Also, is Bristol really better than Warwick, or is it just a personal preference?

Quick Reply

Latest