The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
I was singing Frozen!!

Haha gotit
So all we need to bring to interview is ID and Health Assessment form?
Reply 1022
Have any grads heard anything yet? I know I'm probably not going to hear anything so I'm preparing for the March GAMSAT, but I can't help checking my email after every few units. Hoping some of you have heard back so I can stop checking and get back to working properly.
Reply 1023
Original post by wl1
Have any grads heard anything yet? I know I'm probably not going to hear anything so I'm preparing for the March GAMSAT, but I can't help checking my email after every few units. Hoping some of you have heard back so I can stop checking and get back to working properly.

Still nothing...
Original post by wl1

Still nothing.

I reckon we're going to get the February appointment lot. ******** **** *** ****** ****** &£$*"£&*£&b &£$*£&**&£$

That's what I think of you now, Exeter! DAMN YOU
Original post by Jaska
So all we need to bring to interview is ID and Health Assessment form?

Yes, I think so - I'm just bringing various forms of ID plus the health form.
When I last called Exeter, they said they still have not decided for a cut off score for GAMSAT, but we should expect to hear in the next 10 days. I called on the 3rd of December.
Original post by soptah
When I last called Exeter, they said they still have not decided for a cut off score for GAMSAT, but we should expect to hear in the next 10 days. I called on the 3rd of December.

I don't know why is this so hard. Just say 'all the graduates can come, that's fine' and we'll be happy!
Reply 1028
I don't know why is this so hard. Just say 'all the graduates can come, that's fine' and we'll be happy!

We should all tell them that we'll just keep reapplying until they give us offers, so they should just save themselves the bother give us places now.

If anyone is interested, someone made an FOI request for past GAMSAT scores and interviews/offers. The bit in the notes about how the tables refer to UCAS cycle applied during and not 'year-of-entry' doesn't seem quite right though.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51696275&postcount=4098
The interviewers were messed up! One was looking friendly and helpful initially, but then gradually became uninterested after some while, another was looking at me very seriously throughout the interview and the third one was making a sad face! I panicked and gave some non-relevant and some slightly stupid answers. :frown:
Does Exeter not care about personal statement at interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1031
Original post by 123456789012
The interviewers were messed up! One was looking friendly and helpful initially, but then gradually became uninterested after some while, another was looking at me very seriously throughout the interview and the third one was making a sad face! I panicked and gave some non-relevant and some slightly stupid answers. :frown:

Unlucky I gusss
Original post by Ahwab
Unlucky I gusss

Yeah, I guess so too. Some people had very friendly interviewers apparently, but the ones I had were terrible. They were looking at me as if I had committed a crime! Have you had your interview yet btw? If so, how did it go?
Reply 1033
Yeah, I guess so too. Some people had very friendly interviewers apparently, but the ones I had were terrible. They were looking at me as if I had committed a crime! Have you had your interview yet btw? If so, how did it go?

ROFL looking at a pre interview rejection here

Did they give you any information about the interviewers beforehand? When I went, it was three - one would be a clinical staff member, one would be a non-clinical staff member (sec or something) and the last would be a layperson.

I get the non and clinical members but getting some random street walker to comment on my application is a bit chancy.
Original post by Ahwab
ROFL looking at a pre interview rejection here

Ik the feeling mate (for Plymouth) but I still haven't got an official rejection
Was off by 10 on one of the sub section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wl1
We should all tell them that we'll just keep reapplying until they give us offers, so they should just save themselves the bother give us places now.

If anyone is interested, someone made an FOI request for past GAMSAT scores and interviews/offers. The bit in the notes about how the tables refer to UCAS cycle applied during and not 'year-of-entry' doesn't seem quite right though.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51696275&postcount=4098

See now that's really interesting to me, because it seems from that layout that they really don't care about what your GAMSAT score was, just that you passed it. I got 68/69 depending on the calculation, but then it seems that that doesn't matter - you don't get a better chance from a higher mark.

I get the non and clinical members but getting some random street walker to comment on my application is a bit chancy.

I think the idea behind it is to see whether a general member of the public would be comfortable if you were their doctor (5 years down the line with training and what have you of course!)

In the past when I've had interviewers that were members of the public they've been linked to healthcare ie. a carer or social worker. No idea what they'll be like at Exeter, but I doubt it's literally a randomer, I'm sure Exeter will check that whoever it is can provide an accurate, and representative view of whether generally people would feel comfortable with you
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dr. Django
I think the idea behind it is to see whether a general member of the public would be comfortable if you were their doctor (5 years down the line with training and what have you of course!)

In the past when I've had interviewers that were members of the public they've been linked to healthcare ie. a carer or social worker. No idea what they'll be like at Exeter, but I doubt it's literally a randomer, I'm sure Exeter will check that whoever it is can provide an accurate, and representative view of whether generally people would feel comfortable with you

So we're 90% sure it's not a tramp?

It's like a terrible joke.

A Professor, a Medical Secretary and a Boots Employee of the Month go into a bar....
So we're 90% sure it's not a tramp?

It's like a terrible joke.

A Professor, a Medical Secretary and a Boots Employee of the Month go into a bar....

Only about 89% sure :/

:tongue: I laughed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending