The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by blondy2012
Thankyou!! Think so yeah! Ah thanks how long did they take to get back to you? X

Three days after my interview, it was really fast! Don't worry about it, you'll be fine :smile: x
Original post by alicetulips
Three days after my interview, it was really fast! Don't worry about it, you'll be fine :smile: x

Ah wow that's brilliant!! Thanks so much x
Anyone got a nottingham interview on Wednesday 17th December?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by epm97
Thanks so much for replying! This has helped me so much. Did they give you a current issue to talk about or did they ask you to pick one you had prepared?

Not to worry! They asked me about my thoughts on a specifc current issue, however, I'd definitely stay up to date as you can include them in the group activity/interview :smile: The current issue in my individual interview was "too posh to wash".
Really hoping to hear something before Christmas from Southampton (Adult), the waiting to hear is not fun :frown:
Reply 706
Original post by alicetulips
I've got an offer from Leeds Beckett!

How long ago did you send your application before Leeds Beckett got back to you?
Reply 707
Original post by 2 Nurse be
Hi i had my interview on the 26th of November and got the offer the next day XD I loved it too, what scenario did you get? i am doing Adult Nursing, have you got any other offers? which is your first choice? DMU is mine i have firmed it already :smile:

hi, sorry for replying late, had another interview last week but still waiting for them to get back to me, I have an unconditional offer from Greenwich University as well. I have not firmed any offers as I am still waiting to hear from BCU. Have you been sent anything through the post?
Original post by Kpaskk
GOT AN OFFER FOR CHILDRENS NURSING AT OXFORD BROOKES! So unbelieving happy!!! Anyone else?? I heard last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

I GOT AN OFF THEN TOO- I'm so surprised I absolutely love it and but thought that with only 14ish places I'd never get in. When I got the email I almost cried :colondollar:
I got an offer for Mental Health Nursing at De Montfort today!
I have an interview at Derby on Monday, one at Anglia Ruskin on January 6th and I'm just waiting on Keele. Has anyone else? 😆😄👍🎉
Reply 710
Original post by Kpaskk
Which ones have you applied for?? I sent my UCAS off at the beginning of November and heard back from Southampton, Oxford Brookes within 2 weeks after. The other two haven't got back to me yet. Honestly don't worry at all about the interview, they're just trying to help you show your potential and the interviews are a lot more casual than you expect them to be. As long as you have all the entry requirements and a good personal statement they will ask you for interview. Message me if you need any help with anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Southampton, Plymouth, Bournemouth, Greenwich and Oxford Brookes! I'm hoping I will be okay at the interview it's just the thought of it is so daunting!! haha! I just feel like they aren't going to like me because im doing the health and social care BTEC and not A-levels :frown: and thank-you, I will do :smile:
Reply 711
Original post by TheYoungOne95
I GOT AN OFF THEN TOO- I'm so surprised I absolutely love it and but thought that with only 14ish places I'd never get in. When I got the email I almost cried :colondollar:

Me too!! It was such a shock but I'm so happy. Is it going to be your firm??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 712
Original post by jass26
I've applied for Southampton, Plymouth, Bournemouth, Greenwich and Oxford Brookes! I'm hoping I will be okay at the interview it's just the thought of it is so daunting!! haha! I just feel like they aren't going to like me because im doing the health and social care BTEC and not A-levels :frown: and thank-you, I will do :smile:

When I was at my interview there were lots of people doing btec so don't worry. They ask for an equivalent with the entry requirements anyway so they won't consider one over the other. Plus, health and social care is so valuable and relevant to the course so if anything it's an advantage!! It is difficult to know how you come across in the interviews but as long as you have something to say that shows your passion for nursing in sure you will be successful!! :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kadija_begum
Have you heard anything back from Bradford Uni ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I had an interview with Bradford on the 26th November but I haven't heard anything back yet regarding if I have a place or if I have been unsuccessful.
Hi has anyone else had to send a copy of there access certificate, before they will continue with your application. At wolverhampton walsall campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kpaskk
Me too!! It was such a shock but I'm so happy. Is it going to be your firm??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting to here back from Southampton first as it's between them both. I'm pretty certain it might be my firm though because I loved it.
Whats your firm choice? :smile:
Reply 716
Original post by TheYoungOne95
I'm waiting to here back from Southampton first as it's between them both. I'm pretty certain it might be my firm though because I loved it.
Whats your firm choice? :smile:

It's the same for me! But I absolutely loved the John Radcliffe hospital. I wish we also got to see one of the Southampton hospitals so I could compare them. I think I'm going to visit OB again sometime before I make my decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 717
Anyone got an interview at Swansea tomorrow?
Hey,
Does anyone know if the numeracy tests are done mentally or can you write things down? They look hard if you have to do them mentally :frown:
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmilly11
Hey,
Does anyone know if the numeracy tests are done mentally or can you write things down? They look hard if you have to do them mentally :frown:
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh have you seen what they might look like? Have an interview coming up and could do with some help preparing. Unfortunately I don't k ow the answer to your question, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending