The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Yeah very much like it round there, although the place isnt terribly hip any more. Moved onto to Dalston, Hackney, Bethnal Green ends now. Cargo is decent but never really got into the habit of going, one of those ones.

Some nice bars around still, often spend the evening dossing about Hoxton Sq

Favourite bar atm is the Dalston Jazz bar, that place is madness. Definitely get the link up there if you play your cards right

dont really enjoy going out to bars right now. very much this:

dont know how you do it tbh.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
She a hoe. He can do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont know what he saw in her:confused:

obviously not a wifey personality.

you seen Nicki in the new Over video? some transformation.
Original post by Zürich
People do it in a patronising way as well. It's all about the ceremony and the exclusion for some people. Like when you go to a nice restaurant and the staff are basically told to be extremely submissive and sycophantic, I dont understand why some people feel the need to be in that environment.
100% on that, I think some people boost their self worth on the basis of exclusivity for the sake of it. Getting off on the fact that they know the ins and out of a perceived superior world. I think its actually a very similar thing to that which drives hipsters, the need to set themselves apart and crucially above in someway.

Original post by jam277
No idea how losing a job can cause you to do suicide.
For some people their job is everything. Without their job they are going to lose their flat/house, their car, the lifestyle they have. Their friends are actually just acquaintances, who they will lose face and touch with once they no longer move in the same circles. Their wife or girlfriend is pretty much a semi-sugar baby, and they know once they can't provide her with the Instagram life she requires she'll drop them, might lose their kids as a result. High stakes for many.
Original post by swirly
dont know what he saw in her:confused:

obviously not a wifey personality.

you seen Nicki in the new Over video? some transformation.

The next time I watch a Nicki Minaj video I want a revolver to the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The next time I watch a Nicki Minaj video I want a revolver to the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont eat chickens unless the last name is cutlet

#quality
Original post by swirly
dont eat chickens unless the last name is cutlet

#quality

I can't remember the last time I went a day without meat. Can't not have it at least once a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't remember the last time I went a day without meat. Can't not have it at least once a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you even watch the Jersey Shore?
Original post by swirly
do you even watch the Jersey Shore?

No but I like chicken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No but I like chicken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but what that got to do with the Jersey Shore?

Original post by swirly
but what that got to do with the Jersey Shore?

You mentioned chicken :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question guys. I have an interview on Wednesday with a law firm for a Graduate support analyst role. Don't really want it 100% but it's a job. I also have an Ernst and Young interview this week which is a lot more appealing in terms of prestige... lets say I get an offer from the law firm first, if I accept it would I have to stay there for a minimum period or would it be fine to just leave and go to the Ernst and Young graduate scheme if/when i get the offer?
Original post by Tom_Ford
Question guys. I have an interview on Wednesday with a law firm for a Graduate support analyst role. Don't really want it 100% but it's a job. I also have an Ernst and Young interview this week which is a lot more appealing in terms of prestige... lets say I get an offer from the law firm first, if I accept it would I have to stay there for a minimum period or would it be fine to just leave and go to the Ernst and Young graduate scheme if/when i get the offer?

Can't you just not sign **** until you find out from E&Y as well? Grats on the interviews though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tom_Ford

well you would resign with notice to be as professional as possible, usually 2 weeks.

although, I presume they would give you a standing offer with time to accept and weigh your options.

in any case, they may 'hire' you, without the signing of an employment contract. a company must present you with this within 21 days of work iirc. it need not be straightaway.

best choice, is to take it (if you have to i.e. no standing offer), and move on to E&Y if it presents itself. it will not take long in the grand scheme of things.

what law firm btw?
(edited 9 years ago)
Just sent off my UCAS (again). Nervous as **** now. Last year I had predicted grades to guide me but cause I'm retaking privately this year I don't have any. Means there's a chance that uni's will see my grades and flat out reject me before even looking at my application or seeing that I'm retaking :frown:

All I want is one offer to calm things down haha
Original post by AR_95
Just sent off my UCAS (again). Nervous as **** now. Last year I had predicted grades to guide me but cause I'm retaking privately this year I don't have any. Means there's a chance that uni's will see my grades and flat out reject me before even looking at my application or seeing that I'm retaking :frown:

All I want is one offer to calm things down haha

What you applying for?

Not golf management :tongue:
Original post by Isometrix
What you applying for?

Not golf management :tongue:

Rofl FK was the one who does Golf management

Applied for Mechanical engineering. Hoping to firm Nottingham if they give me an offer like last year.
Original post by swirly
well you would resign with notice to be as professional as possible, usually 2 weeks.

although, I presume they would give you a standing offer with time to accept and weigh your options.

in any case, they may 'hire' you, without the signing of an employment contract. a company must present you with this within 21 days of work iirc. it need not be straightaway.

best choice, is to take it (if you have to i.e. no standing offer), and move on to E&Y if it presents itself. it will not take long in the grand scheme of things.

what law firm btw?

Yes, I am anticipating a standing offer and how it will buy me some time to 'think' about how to move forward.
Original post by AR_95

Applied for Mechanical engineering. Hoping to firm Nottingham if they give me an offer like last year.

Ok I'll call you when my car breaks down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time to start hunting for legal placements -_-
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Time to start hunting for legal placements -_-

you mean vac schemes?

Latest