The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For some reason I imagine Grandpa Zurich and Zurich to be like Thomas Muller Snr and Thomas Muller Jr, speaking some hideously Bavarian German (basically the equivalent of Zurich cockney English). Ironically, they are both Dutch...
Original post by jam277
Loool that's jokes.

Guy hates Germans cos of the war right init? Your granddad sounds like a boss.

Oh he really hates Germans man, he himself never really came to any harm during the war but he saw enough to leave an impression. He himself says he's less bitter than he was, but in the 1970s he ran a little bar in Amsterdam where he flat refused to serve German tourists. Just told them to get the **** out. He went to Munich to see Ajax win once and he says that was the happiest night of his life. Him and his mates just singing in Dutch in the middle of Bavaria, some kind of pay back I guess :wink:

Like when I was Munich months back, I'd be chatting to him on the phone and he'd be like ''you see how these pigs eat, no fish in their diet, just pork. Absolute savages'' or would say in semi-seriousness never to talk back to a German police officer. Or I'd be like ''Nice beer in Munich man'' and he'd just say ''Amstel is better and you know it'' :laugh:

I often have a laugh with him though, say I'm going to marry a German girl and have a little boy called Jurgen who supports Bayern Munich and comes to Amsterdam as a tourist asking for directions :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Considering starting a Qua call out/beef thread.

Possible angles:
-ferociously anti-Barca with possible Franco/Real Madrid allusions
-Anti Messi with drug use allegations
-Pro Ronaldo with nice guy allegations
-Ferociously pro-Bayern with extended rants about their benefit to the Bundesliga
-She's from nordrhein-westfalen IIRC and Ive been there so possible rant against the area and people generally?
-Anti-LGBT assuming she's a lesbian

Thoughts?
Obviously the best band of all time is The Clash, that is clear.

Given a top2 in the world I'll have the Libertines as top2 UK bands

And lets be honest UK>World
Libertines are cool man

Serious question, where can I buy a jacket like that, like a proper British army coat? Anyone know?
So the kid claiming he made $72 million trading stocks/ futures:

Observer: What was your first contact with the New York magazine reporter?

Mohammed Islam: My friend’s father worked at New York magazine and he had the reporter contact me. Then she [Jessica Pressler] called me.

You seem to be quoted saying “eight figures.” That’s not true, is it?

No, it is not true.

Is there ANY figure? Have you invested and made returns at all?

No.

So it’s total fiction?

Yes.

Are you interested in investing? How did you get this reputation?

I run an investment club at Stuy High which does only simulated trades.

:rofl:
[video="youtube;cIboJm2WzKY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIboJm2WzKY[/video]
Just been re-reading and absolutely scandalous how they handled 'Gandalf the White' at the Fellowship. In the film for a start the balrog was monstrous whereas in the book he is clearly described as someone 'beyond your power' but really someone Gandalf needs to confront. The entire point of the Hobbit was actually Gandalf getting rid of Smuag for example
Original post by Tom_Ford
A Big Four/Bulge Bracket graduate scheme is very important to me.

I know what you mean man, its the status that comes with it that is big. Like telling people in a bar you work for them, I can see the appeal. I'm desperately trying to get on a government/business grad scheme at this time. Someone I know got on the Slaughter and May grad scheme, the status is unreal.

Original post by Zürich
Obviously the best band of all time is The Clash, that is clear.

And lets be honest UK>World

The Beatles, Led Zep and the Smiths are better than the Clash. I thought they had a few good songs but I was never that into them. The Jam are another one. Dire Straits as well. I also prefer Arctics and Oasis. There are others that are more cheesy that I like but I won't mention (Fleetwood Mac).

I think if i could be in any band ever it would be the Beatles, particularly early Beatles, before they went all hippie and pretentious, although that would be fun in a different way.

Original post by Zürich
Considering starting a Qua call out/beef thread.

You could argue that it is wrong for a girl to know so much about football? :eek:

Joking Feminists...
Original post by Eboracum
I

The Beatles, Led Zep and the Smiths are better than the Clash. I thought they had a few good songs but I was never that into them. The Jam are another one. Dire Straits as well. I also prefer Arctics and Oasis. There are others that are more cheesy that I like but I won't mention (Fleetwood Mac).

I think if i could be in any band ever it would be the Beatles, particularly early Beatles, before they went all hippie and pretentious, although that would be fun in a different way.

This is boring man,

Need the Libertines or the Clash to set sire to something midway through a gig
Calling IceJJFish(II) out

If there ever was such a thing as a Londond scarecrow then youll get pecked

Snide, 2 faced man you are as well IceJJFish(II)

Youve never added a single comment which maked me laugh, think or pray. You just recycle
(edited 9 years ago)
^ What's worse is that he won't meet up with me even though our courses are literally a floor apart at uni.
Original post by Isometrix
^ What's worse is that he won't meet up with me even though our courses are literally a floor apart at uni.

can imagine.

One of the most snide posters on here, like a snake. If I had a sister then I wouldnt trust him to buy her gum.
Reply 9093
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA IceJJFish being called on as sideman

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
can imagine.

One of the most snide posters on here, like a snake. If I had a sister then I wouldnt trust him to buy her gum.

lol what's he done
lol what's he done

Nothing but I can tell, this guy is not right

future nonce or something

bruh so?

Why you so keen on transferring your TSR dick-sucking from online to IRL

Man got better things to do
yeah also guy called 'Swirly' or some **** mugging me off because I havent used my class CV recently

Bruv, you work at you unles Costcutter who has it on a 6m contract. I would use your CV as rizla
(edited 9 years ago)
impending thread 'biggest sidemen of football forum 2k14'

pls nominate
Original post by JamesR12
bruh so?

Why you so keen on transferring your TSR dick-sucking from online to IRL

Man got better things to do

Was joking you douche :colonhash:

Latest