The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Finally sent off my application on Friday!
I applied to York, Uni of Leeds, Salford, Queens Belfast and Uni of Ulster for Mental Health Nursing..excited/petrified!
Original post by Hero-H
Nope not yet! I don't know whether they wait for all applications before considering (This is Uni of Edinburgh though, have you applied here or Napier?)

Oh i see and I've applied to Edinburgh Napier!
Original post by Chelsea1996
congratulations on your offer, is york while you will be going? x

Not too sure; having to decide what I want to do :smile:
Original post by Lcox
How long ago did you send your application before Leeds Beckett got back to you?

About a month :smile:
Yep mines 23 rd too 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 805
Original post by hullaballoon
No problem! What was what like, the actual uni or the test day? In terms of the test day, King's do it a little differently to most unis that I've seen, in that they separate the maths + english tests to do on one day and then if you pass them you come back another day for the interview. I think it gives them time to mark it all and then reduces the amount of people they need to interview, I guess. King's had a lot of people at their interview day, including midwives and the 3 difference nursing branches (both Bsc and post-grad dip), and in fact of all the people I spoke to that day I didn't come across another child nursing applicant haha.

Not sure what you want to know specifically (and I could ramble on for ages) but ask away if you have any other questions! Good luck with your application and fingers crossed you hear back from Soton before Xmas!

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I was wondering about, weird that they do it like that but I suppose it does make sense! In their interviews is it a group activity or more of a group interview? Oh and also is the maths test calculator? I got a place at Southampton for children's nursing, absolutely over the moon :smile: good luck with the rest of your application!x
Original post by ilunn1
Thank you so much, that's exactly what I was wondering about, weird that they do it like that but I suppose it does make sense! In their interviews is it a group activity or more of a group interview? Oh and also is the maths test calculator? I got a place at Southampton for children's nursing, absolutely over the moon :smile: good luck with the rest of your application!x

I was actually given a King's interview date for January but have withdrawn to accept a place from Surrey, so I'm not sure what their interview is like I'm afraid! From what they were saying though, it didn't sound like group stuff at all, it sounded like MMIs. Congrats on your Soton place, good luck with the rest of yours too!
I am still waiting to hear with regards to my interview I had last Wednesday at London South bank and I also haven't heard anything from Southampton yet, other than an acknowledgement of the application. Do I assume if I haven't heard anything by now it won't be until the first week of January at the earliest!!?? I'm so impatient!!
Reply 808
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I am still waiting to hear with regards to my interview I had last Wednesday at London South bank and I also haven't heard anything from Southampton yet, other than an acknowledgement of the application. Do I assume if I haven't heard anything by now it won't be until the first week of January at the earliest!!?? I'm so impatient!!

Yes - most likely response from Soton will be in January now as I think staff in most academic institutions will be on leave for Christmas. I did however, receive my interview invitation on a Sunday so I've learnt to expect the unexpected!

Southampton close 2.00pm on Xmas eve until the 5th of January. I heard from them on a Saturday which was a surprise. Hope u hear soon, the waiting is torture x
Original post by Hero-H
Yes - most likely response from Soton will be in January now as I think staff in most academic institutions will be on leave for Christmas. I did however, receive my interview invitation on a Sunday so I've learnt to expect the unexpected!

Where have you got interviews for? I'm off to surrey and kingston in January!!
Reply 811
Where have you got interviews for? I'm off to surrey and kingston in January!!

Southampton and UEA so far - still waiting on Edinburgh and Nottingham :smile:
Original post by Hero-H
Southampton and UEA so far - still waiting on Edinburgh and Nottingham :smile:

Southampton would be my first choice but it know it's highly competitive. Would also love to go to surrey! I really liked LSBU but not sure about living in London. It would be great to have a couple offers by the end of January......fingers crossed!! I failed the maths test to get into Herts but that was my least preferable!!??
Good luck to you with yours
Reply 813
Southampton would be my first choice but it know it's highly competitive. Would also love to go to surrey! I really liked LSBU but not sure about living in London. It would be great to have a couple offers by the end of January......fingers crossed!! I failed the maths test to get into Herts but that was my least preferable!!??
Good luck to you with yours

Ahh best of luck :smile: Southampton is fab yes but I'll find it difficult choosing between that at Nottingham if I get offers from both! Surrey is a great uni too!
Reply 814
Offer from oxford brookes 6 days after my interview! :smile:
I've applied for sept 2015 entry to Derby, Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin, Suffolk and greenwich. Anybody got any replies offers interviews ect for any of these? Only sent it off on the 18th dec so have heard nothing so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck
Got an offer from Southampton a while ago but Swansea rejected me? Makes no sense that a BBC uni don't want me but Southampton which is an amazing university want me?
Original post by elliemacdougall
Got an offer from Southampton a while ago but Swansea rejected me? Makes no sense that a BBC uni don't want me but Southampton which is an amazing university want me?

I've also applied to Southampton but haven't heard a thing from them yet other than an acknowledgement!?? I sent my form off on the 29th November
I had sent mine before then so I think they do them in batches x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending