The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

demand for OU courses

Hi all,

I'm currently studying HND business at college but I am looking at the possibly of studying the criminology and psychological studies course at the open university also. Personally I will say I've found my HND workload to be much less than I thought it would be but I have no idea about the OU. Could anyone who has done a course with them give me an honest idea of the time and effort that it would require for a 60 credit course. I got an A in Scottish highers for psychology and have a really good base knowledge for this course (i think). Thanks a bunch.
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by abbeymacf
give me an honest idea of the time and effort that it would require for a 60 credit course.
It varies by course and by how well you know the subject matter. I put in about 25 hours a week doing a 60 credit course last academic year. This year I am doing 2 x 30 concurrently (which should be twice the workload as they are both half-year so both should be just as intense as the 60 credit course was) in about 15 hours a week.

Quick Reply

Latest