The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open university start and end dates

My Open University course is due to start in February 2024 and module 1 ends in September 2024 . I am studying part time so will have completed the 60 credits for that year. Will the next module not start until the following February?
Hi, I'm also wondering that. Will I be able to take a break or will I have to begin the next module in October or something?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Anonymous #1
My Open University course is due to start in February 2024 and module 1 ends in September 2024 . I am studying part time so will have completed the 60 credits for that year. Will the next module not start until the following February?

I am also starting in February, I was under the impression that we get September to February off and start our second module next February. I think if you want to you can choose to do your second module in October but for me I need the rest.
(edited 3 months ago)
The problem with that is that, as you progress, you will reach a point where there are no more February starts. You will then have no choice but to bite the bullet and start your next module in Oct... with no break. It is a good idea to take this into account when planning your studies so that you do not burn out.

At the end of the day, the OU can afford to offer two presentations per year for their stage 1 modules, because there is demand for it. However, stages 2 and 3 only warrant a single presentation with an October start. There is the odd exception, but as a rule, this is how it goes. You will need to eventually shift to an October start for everything.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest