The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Are unconditionals from Nottingham common?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Leanne1455
I got a conditional for Nottingham for Modern foreign languages and translation asking for ABB and an unconditional from Birmingham for just German. Really don't know which one to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are confident of getting ABB then go for Notts. If you are not going to get the grades then choose Birmingham. Think of it this way, a university giving so may unconditional offers isn't going to have quite as many high calibre students as one that doesn't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 722
Has anyone applied for Product Design and Manufacture? My college sent off my application 3 weeks ago. My predicted grades are BBB and they are asking for ABB. Is it possible for me to get an offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ike96
Has anyone applied for Product Design and Manufacture? My college sent off my application 3 weeks ago. My predicted grades are BBB and they are asking for ABB. Is it possible for me to get an offer?

Your AS level grades?
I'd really love to know the answer to this question!
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
If you are confident of getting ABB then go for Notts. If you are not going to get the grades then choose Birmingham. Think of it this way, a university giving so may unconditional offers isn't going to have quite as many high calibre students as one that doesn't.

Never thought of it this way. Thanks! Changed my viewpoint!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do nottingham send invites to applicant says via post or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got it through email :smile: got offer a week later for nursing. What you applied for? :smile:
Reply 728
Original post by Skill Twix
Your AS level grades?
I'd really love to know the answer to this question!

I didn't do as well as I hoped last year as I got Cs and Ds in Maths, Physics, Design & Technology and Economics(which I've dropped now)I am resitting a few exams to boost these grades up so I can hopefully get three Bs at least. I think I can get AAB/ABB at the end of the year.
Original post by Kirstyzoie2008
I got it through email :smile: got offer a week later for nursing. What you applied for? :smile:

I got an offer for German and beginners French with translation studies about a week and a half ago but haven't had anything about an applicant day :smile:
I got an offer for German and beginners French with translation studies about a week and a half ago but haven't had anything about an applicant day :smile:

I think applicant days are more for medical nursing social work degrees as they interview before you get an offer. Congrats on your offer :smile: I was soo happy when I got mine firmed it that day :smile: x
Original post by Kirstyzoie2008
I think applicant days are more for medical nursing social work degrees as they interview before you get an offer. Congrats on your offer :smile: I was soo happy when I got mine firmed it that day :smile: x

What are you going to study? I was under the impression from their website that all those who receive an offer would be invited to a UCAS applicants day. It is surely the same as all other universities. :smile:
What are you going to study? I was under the impression from their website that all those who receive an offer would be invited to a UCAS applicants day. It is surely the same as all other universities. :smile:

Im doing adult nursing. When I submitted my ucas application I received an invitation for selection event where I had a group interview then I received my offer through ucas but it may be different for other courses.

Are you hoping to become a translator for the MI6?
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Are you hoping to become a translator for the MI6?

I'm really not sure what I want to do yet. But that would be pretty cool!
Original post by helenb96
Yes! I have an unconditional for music :biggrin:

Heyy congrats!! Is nottingham your first choice?
I'm really not sure what I want to do yet. But that would be pretty cool!

Nottingham is one of GCHQ's preferred unis.
May all your dreams come true in 2015!
Happy New Year!
Original post by brownjelly
Heyy congrats!! Is nottingham your first choice?

Thanks! I also have an unconditional for Durham so I'm in the process of deciding between the two :smile: is it your first choice? Where else have you applied? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helenb96
Thanks! I also have an unconditional for Durham so I'm in the process of deciding between the two :smile: is it your first choice? Where else have you applied? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah, congrats again!! :biggrin: Yeah, it is :smile: I've applied to rhul, kent, brunel and surrey. So far I've only heard from nottingham and rhul, both conditional and both ABB :s-smilie: haha. I'm an international applicant btw, where are you from? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending