The Student Room Group

What would you do if you found yourself stuck in a North korea concentration camp?

Would you say **** it and disobey those in Authority leading to you getting tortured to death probably or do you think the threat of torture would mean you would just do what you were told.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm interested to hear what you think could be the series of events that could lead to myself ending up in North Korea, let alone in a concentration camp in North Korea.

There's not much you can do if you're captured and imprisoned somewhere against your will. You could always pray.
Reply 2
Sometimes i feel like you gotta play the game and then get them down when they least expect it. i've read "escape from camp 14" so one thing i would do is secretly promote capitalism while i was following orders and whatever. then afterwards/if i get caught, suicide seems like the only option, that's if i don't die of malnutrition and stuff first.
Disobey the North Korean authorities from leading me to be tortured to death.
Although I do love North & South Korea profoundly!
I do, indeed, adore their traditions, beliefs & cultures... and I can bear torture..
Sue me.
It may sound weak but I would obey and try to survive.
It's easy for us to just be like "well if I had been in that situation I would have done this or that" since we're not in that situation but reality proves otherwise.
Not so long ago, I was really into trying to find testimonies of North Korean refugees who had been in these camps (not that I now no longer care about the struggles of North Korean defectors).
But that had to be the most disturbing **** I heard. I thought that I would have died in those camps or while fleeing to China.
Reply 5
Original post by Pride
I'm interested to hear what you think could be the series of events that could lead to myself ending up in North Korea, let alone in a concentration camp in North Korea.

There's not much you can do if you're captured and imprisoned somewhere against your will. You could always pray.

One scenario:

1. WW3 starts
2. North Korea Successfully invades your country or you are fighting against them in another part of the world
3. You get kidnapped by them
4. You getting thrown into a concentration camp.
Reply 6
Original post by lent6
One scenario:

1. WW3 starts
2. North Korea Successfully invades your country or you are fighting against them in another part of the world
3. You get kidnapped by them
4. You getting thrown into a concentration camp.

silly what ifs.

But yea, I would pray.
Formulate an escape plan using memories of every WW2 film or game I've ever watched or played
Why did you just mention North Korea? More media led thread creating. You do realise they exist in South Korea as well right?
Kill myself. I'm not going to let myself suffer through torture just to eventually die anyway. Just end it.
Do what I'm told and hope that I live long enough to get out. Given what I've read about North Korean concentration camps, I don't think I'd be in any kind of mental or physical state to start hatching some kind of elaborate escape plan, certainly not show any sign of rebellion.
they would not know what to do with me. the plucky westerner would run free. the koreans would stand in awe and applaud.
Probably try and learn Korean. Sit tight, and calmly wait for my chance to escape.
I'm Korean, so I'll have a better chance at escaping :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Pride
silly what ifs.

But yea, I would pray.

It could happen
Reply 15
Original post by Messiah Complex
Why did you just mention North Korea? More media led thread creating. You do realise they exist in South Korea as well right?

No I don't.

Do you have a source?
Original post by Messiah Complex

No they don't.
Reply 17
Original post by DiddyDec
Kill myself. I'm not going to let myself suffer through torture just to eventually die anyway. Just end it.

This is what I would do probably. Just make a break for it in front of the guards and just hope they shoot me in the head.
Reply 18
Original post by flibber
I'm Korean, so I'll have a better chance at escaping :smile:

Are you from North Korea?
Run around screaming like a maniac. Let them think I've gone crazy and if they don't release me they will be infected? Worth a try, that is if I don't get a bullet through the head or something :/

Quick Reply

Latest