The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nadzworldz
Hi for the people who have had interviews, did you wear smart clothing, such as a suit? (if you don't mind me asking). A I have got interviews coming up do you have any suggestions? Did many people wear formal clothing when you were at an interview? Thanks :biggrin:

I wore a blazer with every interview. So did some of the other girls. The rest is really up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by j_flower3
I wore a blazer with every interview. So did some of the other girls. The rest is really up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, yep i'm definitely wearing a blazer to my interviews. Did many people wear a suit and did any wear a formal dresses? thanks
I wore a top and black skirt with tights. A lot of people wore blazers or nice dresses :smile:
Reply 843
I bought my outfit yesterday, I got a blazer and smart trousers which I'm going to wear with a more "fun" blouse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi for the people who have had interviews, did you wear smart clothing, such as a suit? (if you don't mind me asking). A I have got interviews coming up do you have any suggestions? Did many people wear formal clothing when you were at an interview? Thanks :biggrin:

Dependent upon how serious you want to appear about your interest in gaining a place on the course; dress smartly. I wore a trouser suit which I'm sure helped me to get all of my offers. People turn up in jeans, short dresses, heels & it's very difficult for the university to take them seriously. Your appearance at the interview demonstrates how well you would possibly portray the university when you're wearing their uniform on placement. Put the effort in- nursing is a profession you're wanting to enter, so dress professionally.

I wore a smart black dress, almost everyone was wearing smart dresses, skirts and blazers etc defo go formal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucymjh
Dependent upon how serious you want to appear about your interest in gaining a place on the course; dress smartly. I wore a trouser suit which I'm sure helped me to get all of my offers. People turn up in jeans, short dresses, heels & it's very difficult for the university to take them seriously. Your appearance at the interview demonstrates how well you would possibly portray the university when you're wearing their uniform on placement. Put the effort in- nursing is a profession you're wanting to enter, so dress professionally.
Yes, thank you very much:smile:.
Original post by gewoolgar
I wore a smart black dress, almost everyone was wearing smart dresses, skirts and blazers etc defo go formal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I do have a smart dress and a shirt (that it is a bit long) I would probably waer the shirt or a black dress like yourself. Thank you:smile:
Original post by jade97x
I have applied for childrens nursing at anglia ruskin and greenwich.Greenwich do a pre selection day which you will do a maths and english tests. If successful, you get invited back for an indiviual interview which is only half an hour.....I have my indiviual interview in jan. I heard back within two weeks, what anglia ruskin did you apply too :smile::smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to both places for adult nursing :smile: sent off on the 18th of December. How long did it take to get back to you? Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I wore a blazer and shirt with black trousers. I think it's best to go smart so you look professional, however some people wore jeans!:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied for Child Nursing at Plymouth uni?
Original post by CornishBird
Has anyone applied for Child Nursing at Plymouth uni?

Hiya
I'm second year student paediatric nurse at plymouth.
If you have any questions, PM me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachybea
I wore a blazer and shirt with black trousers. I think it's best to go smart so you look professional, however some people wore jeans!:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wore jeans! They were black skinny jeans with a top and blazer and I still got an offer! I think as long as you look respectable it doesn't matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think as long as you look and act like you want it! Some people wore blue jeans to mine!
Anyone attending Southampton on the 17th Jan?
Original post by BellaPembers
Anyone attending Southampton on the 17th Jan?

Wish I was!! I'd love to go there but that's the only one I haven't heard from!? Fingers crossed they'll get back to me soon!!
Good luck with your day!!
Original post by charlotteemilyw
Wish I was!! I'd love to go there but that's the only one I haven't heard from!? Fingers crossed they'll get back to me soon!!
Good luck with your day!!

Christmas/new year is delaying everything. Their closed till the 5th January. I'm sure you will hear soon after that. :smile:
I have applied to both places for adult nursing :smile: sent off on the 18th of December. How long did it take to get back to you? Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw sounds good! Greenwhich was in 3 weeks and still have not heard from Anglia Ruskin. Its coming to the end of the UCAS deadline so i dont know how long it will take:smile: What other uni's have you applied too! Good luck:smile:
Reply 858
Has anyone heard back from University of Bedfordshire or Anglia Ruskin? :smile: :smile:
Reply 859
Has anyone had an Interview at Kingston university? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending