The Student Room Group

Would you vote for me in an election?

Things I would propose:

-Extend school hours to 9-5
It's time to start treating the people like adults. By starting earlier, it gives people extra time to start the day fresh.
-Force all schools to play classical music in the background.
Nobody who's ever listened to classical music has been violent. Classical makes people more insightful, peaceful and calm.
-Anybody who cheats in a relationship will be jailed
For 6 months for being an immoral turd.
-Reduce benefits to 0
-Fat people will be fined
For clogging up the NHS
-All unemployed will be sent to working camps
If they still refuse to work, they will be sent to prison and will work there.
-Poor people will be restricted to 2 children
Poverty breeds more poverty. Having more children doesn't solve anything.
-Inheritance tax is 99%
This is to stop people from being born into money, and giving everyone equal oppurtunities.
-Feminism will be banned
Along with all the other communities. If they have a problem with the system, make an official complaint, and if someone is being paid more/less for the same job, they will be compensated with the amount they were mispaid.
-Marijuana will be legalised
There will be stronger laws against the other drugs though.
-No tuition fees for STEM subjects

Discuss.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
gonagetrejected
Original post by Zuki
gonagetrejected

Discuss.
Reply 3
Original post by gonnagetrejected
-Reduce benefits to 0
Disagree. Give everyone - I mean everyone - the minimum wage. Any wages / salary / income are in addition to this. It would create a flexible workforce and prevent the poverty trap: it would be worthwhile working even one day a week.

For clogging up the NHS
False. Cyclists, joggers and other health freaks cost more. Fatties, smokers and drinkers provide tax revenue and die before getting much pension money.

Fine. Plus the same system of national service they used on the continent: two years of compulsory social benefit work when you leave education.

-Inheritance tax is 99%
This is to stop people from being born into money, and giving everyone equal opportunities.
Only on the condition that such tax gets used for social benefit type stuff, such as investment, social housing, healthcare, etc. not MP's expenses and wars.

Other than that, yeah, I'll vote for you. Assuming you haven't been banned by then!
Reply 4
Things I would propose:

It's time to start treating the people like adults. By starting earlier, it gives people extra time to start the day fresh.
Nobody who's ever listened to classical music has been violent. Classical makes people more insightful, peaceful and calm.
-Reduce benefits to 0
For clogging up the NHS
-Inheritance tax is 99%
This is to stop people from being born into money, and giving everyone equal oppurtunities.
-Feminism will be banned
Along with all the other communities. If they have a problem with the system, make an official complaint, and if someone is being paid more/less for the same job, they will be compensated with the amount they were mispaid.

Discuss.

Agree with legalising Marijuana, all the rest are garbage in every sense of the word. There's your discussion.
Original post by Gjaykay
Agree with legalising Marijuana, all the rest are garbage in every sense of the word. There's your discussion.

not really a discussion is it though you bigot

I told you, I said this would happen, and I was right.

Your proposals are ****ing stupid. Its like Nazism but without the common sense.
Reply 7
Things I would propose:
<snip list>
Discuss.

Last edited by gonnagetrejected; 7 minutes ago at 01:18. <-----
:stomp: Typical sodding politician. Ask for your support THEN change the bloody manifesto. :mad: Bloody liars, the lot of 'em. Promise one thing, deliver bugger all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8

It's enough of a discussion your ideas deserve.
Things I would propose:

-Reduce benefits to 0
For clogging up the NHS
-Inheritance tax is 99%
-Feminism will be banned

Discuss.

You'd get rekt in the U.S. You have all these social conservative moral thoughts, but you're big government solutions are a turn off.
Reply 10
I'll vote for you if you buy me nandos OP.
Reply 11
Nah.
Original post by Simes
Disagree. Give everyone - I mean everyone - the minimum wage. Any wages / salary / income are in addition to this. It would create a flexible workforce and prevent the poverty trap: it would be worthwhile working even one day a week.

False. Cyclists, joggers and other health freaks cost more. Fatties, smokers and drinkers provide tax revenue and die before getting much pension money.

Fine. Plus the same system of national service they used on the continent: two years of compulsory social benefit work when you leave education.

Only on the condition that such tax gets used for social benefit type stuff, such as investment, social housing, healthcare, etc. not MP's expenses and wars.

Other than that, yeah, I'll vote for you. Assuming you haven't been banned by then!

i tried to debate it but then i realised i dont have the energy lol
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I told you, I said this would happen, and I was right.

Your proposals are ****ing stupid. Its like Nazism but without the common sense.

yeah and what's your point? you just gonna insult me and not make a point?
yeah and what's your point? you just gonna insult me and not make a point?

Well, I made a point last time and you never responded.

It's just totally divorced from reality. You can't make radical changes like that. Nobody wants it. The only time **** like this ever happens is when there's a revolution. Do you intend to start your revolution screaming 'PUT BACH BACK INTO SCHOOLS!!!'?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Well, I made a point last time and you never responded.

It's just totally divorced from reality. You can't make radical changes like that. Nobody wants it. The only time **** like this ever happens is when there's a revolution. Do you intend to start your revolution screaming 'PUT BACH BACK INTO SCHOOLS!!!'?
divide and conquer

In what way am I a bigot?
Put simply: no. Draconian isn't even the word.
these are some shockingly immoral **** policies and if you had complete power of the world and ruled it exactly according to your beliefs and policies and nobody defied them then I'm pretty sure there'd be no happiness and I'd rather dieee

Quick Reply

Latest