The Student Room Group

How did you meet your boyfriend / girlfriend?

Hi there,

Its' been pondering on my mind for a while how people meet thier boyfriends / girlfriends, as I've been having problems trying to meet the right girl. I was wondering whether these things just happen naturally, or whether I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Would you believe that she used to bully me back in school like when I was 13 to 15, not bullying as in physical or something traumatic but more like wasn't ever really nice to me, used to mock me etc. Then we made up and started dating around 16 when we both realised how much we had in common and now we're both 20 and still together.

Never would have imagined I'd have been with her back when I was 13.
On a night out under the influence of alcohol and MDMA.
Reply 3
Went on a night out in heels FAR too high for me, he saw me struggling, let me wear his shoes to the taxi because the ground was wet and carried mine! :redface:
Bruh, this thread has been done a hundred times.
TSR
Reply 6
How dare you create a dupe with the name of our esteemed leader JLP!?
Original post by Enoxial
How dare you create a dupe with the name of our esteemed leader JLP!?

Someone must represent the Star Trek fans on TSR!
Reply 8
Original post by De Chirico
On a night out under the influence of alcohol and MDMA.

Her parents must be proud.
Reply 9
At the gym, saw this 8/10 chick mirin my arms (not srs)

I was working out, saw this attractive girl lifting, I tried showing off by lifting heavier weights and making loud noises (she blanked me) so then I approached her, asked her how long she's been working out etc made a couple of jokes, I told her that her arms were harder than mine (she squeezed my arm) we swapped numbers, went out a couple days later (took her to pound town on the 2nd date) and the rest is history.
Original post by james1211
Her parents must be proud.

They love me.
A while ago, in school (pfft, where else? :wink: ), it was kinda weird. We joined the same orchestra and for ages she sat next to me and tried making conversation, but I.... gave her a cold shoulder. Then something snapped and when we did this huge school production together, I fell in love with her. I was pretty much her only best friend who was a guy back then.

I asked her out a month or so after, and waited.... two months until the exams were over when she finally said yes. We only got together because we share the same tastes and interests. and we got really close really quickly. Which now, thinking back is very surprising. :redface:
Reply 12
I met my boyfriend (and best friend) on the NCS ('National Citizen Service') scheme back in the summer of 2012- neither of us really wanted to be there, so, somehow, started talking to each other in between group activities. We're really very happy now, madly in love & will have been together for 2 & a half years in March!
Chemistry class at secondary school. We became best friends and started dating when I was 17 and he was 18 and it will be our 5 yr anniversary at the end of the month :smile:
Met mine there too! Except it was summer 13, wish I could go back to that summer it was amazing
Over a dead body in anatomy. Different, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He is a close friend from uni's boyfriends brother.
Original post by bobsta10
Over a dead body in anatomy. Different, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that kids is how I met your mother

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Met on here! We started talking on tsr and did for a while and I made an excuse to meet her and when we did it was amazing!! We went to the cinema and during the adverts beforehand there was one which reminded us both of this in-joke we had and so we both looked at each other and laughed and that broke the ice really we talked for hours in costa afterwards and I just remember thinking how happy I was to be there because she was incredible and after a couple more meets I had a huge crush on her but I didn't think she felt the same so when she did it was soo good and I knew how lucky I was and we've been together now for 16 months! :cool: :kungfu:
(edited 8 years ago)
Met on Tinder :blushing::lovedup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending