The Student Room Group

dropping a subject

I'm currently half way through my as levels ands my mocks are in a week, I've been getting really stressed out with my subjects because I stupidly took 4 of the hardest subjects there are...Maths, History, Philosophy&Ethics and government and politics... I'm struggling with the work load and suggested to school I dropped government and politics because I'm not enjoying it at all anymore and I'm struggling most in it, I'm stressed to the point where I'm not sleeping at night. My 6th form should let me drop it now shouldn't they? Please help if you have any advice it would be much appreciated
Original post by pollyanne123
I'm currently half way through my as levels ands my mocks are in a week, I've been getting really stressed out with my subjects because I stupidly took 4 of the hardest subjects there are...Maths, History, Philosophy&Ethics and government and politics... I'm struggling with the work load and suggested to school I dropped government and politics because I'm not enjoying it at all anymore and I'm struggling most in it, I'm stressed to the point where I'm not sleeping at night. My 6th form should let me drop it now shouldn't they? Please help if you have any advice it would be much appreciated

Obviously every school will be different but I don't see why they would mind due to your reasoning. I know a few who dropped a subject at a similar time, so give it a go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I'm hoping my teachers understand because they personally don't know I'm struggling as much as I am because I feel I can't talk to them, like my government and politics teachers aren't very pleasant and approachable people so I struggle to tell them I'm struggling...I think it's evident from the fact I'm getting D's in it that I'm
Struggling though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest