The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
depending on money, i might also drop costa.
the issue i have right now is that i'm scared of not captaining him on a week where he'll just randomly bag a hattrick.
he's so inconsistent in terms of getting big points that i've more or less "wasted" my captaincy on him for the last several weeks.

kinda like with the lottery, don't wanna change because thet'll be the week he gets 183786 points.

To be fair, since GW4 he's only reached double figure points (11) once and that was only a goal & assist. Even when he scores he often doesn't even get any bonus points.
Original post by Andy Ftw
To be fair, since GW4 he's only reached double figure points (11) once and that was only a goal & assist. Even when he scores he often doesn't even get any bonus points.

Don't forget he's a card magnet as well. I can see loads of people doing Costa > Sturridge soon.
Original post by Narcissist
Depends on form but with Hazard and Fabregas you're covered strongly for Chelsea attackers without Costa whereas you've no attacking City players.

Thats a good point. I had been wondering about swapping one of Eriksen/Hazard/Fabregas for someone like Silva but wasn't sure.

Also I must admit I'm wondering if United will finish the season strongly and whether its worth going for Mata or ADM?

I think you make a very good point about not having anyone from City. Its almost worth looking at Lampard for the midfield tbh? I would be able to go for Aguero but I'm just a bit wary of this - there's a real risk of plumping for a player on his pre-injury form that is then a bit out of kilter for a while. But Aguero has come back from injury from City before and been sharp quite quickly so at the moment I'm leaning towards go for him.
Original post by sr90
You can play your January WC at some point this month (don't do it now though!). Players in bold are the ones i'd ditch if that were my team. For example Chambers isn't playing atm and Clichy always gets rotated, so you could swap those two for a Chelsea defender and then a cheaper option like Wisdom or Hutton.

Yeah Clichy is irritatingly rotated! Am thinking of Clichy out and Janmaat in but a bit uncertain about how Newcastle will do post-Pardew.

The reason I keep Chambers is because he's cheap, I have had him since the start of the season. I want to keep the two Southampton guys because they are just clean sheet magnets. I have even thought of getting Fonte for Clichy and if Southampton have a game against non top opposition, going with a back three of Fonte, Alderwereid and Clyne.

One thing I have learned this season is the teams at the top of my work league just have cheap as chips defenders and load up their team with the glory boy mids and forwards....I tried to be balanced but it hasn't worked.
Original post by sr90
Don't forget he's a card magnet as well. I can see loads of people doing Costa > Sturridge soon.

Yeah thats a point, every ****ing week even if Costa scores he has a -1 for a card and no bonus points (fortunately I have Hazard and Fabregas who are invariably involved with Chelsea goals). I think Costa is gonna get the chop for Aguero.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
One thing I have learned this season is the teams at the top of my work league just have cheap as chips defenders and load up their team with the glory boy mids and forwards....I tried to be balanced but it hasn't worked.

Yeh the usual strategy is to buy one big defender and spend very little on the rest of your backline, this year is an exception because most of the 'premium' strikers aren't performing or got injured (or in Rooney's case started to play deeper). There's so much value in midfield as well, normally at this time of year there is a template team that everyone has but this year there is so much variation!

Chambers was good value when he was playing, but his price means nothing if he isn't getting points.
Thoughts on getting Sterling in? I'm assuming the break Rodgers was talking about is going to be this week when he's rested against Wimbledon. So he should be ready for Sunderland? Or will he be given an extended break?
Original post by RedDevil014
Thoughts on getting Sterling in? I'm assuming the break Rodgers was talking about is going to be this week when he's rested against Wimbledon. So he should be ready for Sunderland? Or will he be given an extended break?

I don't think he can afford to rest Sterling for Sunderland especially after the draw with Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So which West Brom defender is everyone getting then?

Their upcoming fixtures are pretty good, long live Pulisball.
Original post by sr90
So which West Brom defender is everyone getting then?

Their upcoming fixtures are pretty good, long live Pulisball.

Has to be Wisdom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Has to be Wisdom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had him since day 1 :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
Had him since day 1 :wink:

Same Haha. Playing wisdom means I'm gonna bench zabaleta:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Same Haha. Playing wisdom means I'm gonna bench zabaleta:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a tricky one as Zab has potential for attacking points. I'm benching Demichelis and brought in Wisdom for Chambers. Hull at home is a good fixture for West Brom clean sheet with Pulis in.

I've got big decisions majorly wrong over previous weeks. Haven't had a captain with more than 2 pts for weeks.
Wisdom is the safe choice, I really want McAuley for set piece threat/BAP potential but he's not guaranteed to play.

May even double up with Foster when I play my wildcard.
Original post by Gob Bluth
That's a tricky one as Zab has potential for attacking points. I'm benching Demichelis and brought in Wisdom for Chambers. Hull at home is a good fixture for West Brom clean sheet with Pulis in.

I've got big decisions majorly wrong over previous weeks. Haven't had a captain with more than 2 pts for weeks.

Yeah I hate benching expensive players. City have conceded 2 in each their past two league games so I'll probably leave zab out. Going with Hazard as captain should see you rake in some points this week:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm tempted to play my wildcard now :colondollar:

Yaya Toure needs to come out since he's gone to ACON
Clichy needs to come out since he's now being rotated with Kolorov again and has 3 hard fixtures
Tempted to take Sidgursson out with Bony away with ACON and then moving to Man City
Might take Sterling out with Sturridge coming back in since he will no longer play up front (that experiment failed)
Original post by sr90
Wisdom is the safe choice, I really want McAuley for set piece threat/BAP potential but he's not guaranteed to play.

May even double up with Foster when I play my wildcard.

But what about Pants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
need to get back on the ball with this, now that christmas is over..

Nothing disasterous yet - sat in 20th in the league, and with the wildcard coming up, plenty of possibilities to move up the table (most that I will miss or be to stupid to see :tongue: )

For this week my two free transfers have just gone on re-adjusting my defense.. which should keep me going until the wildcard later this month when all the transfers are nearing completion..

Really struggling with any ideas upfront or in midfield though - there are just very few players I want at the moment attacking wise
Nightmare deciding who to play this week. My 3 bench players all have tasty fixtures but it's hard to drop one of the regulars.

About 5 valid choices for captaincy as well.
Original post by sr90
Nightmare deciding who to play this week. My 3 bench players all have tasty fixtures but it's hard to drop one of the regulars.

About 5 valid choices for captaincy as well.

I'm hoping Mourinho will light some fires and Chelsea will go HAM. Costa for captain :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest