The Student Room Group

taking and extra AS next year?

what is the advantage of having an extra AS? can you take that AS subject with you for uni? without having a A2 on that subject? is that possible?

thanks in advance
Reply 1
It will look better on your UCAS, shows you can deal with high workload

Also you could only display your best grades and not have to mention your worst grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Don Joiner
It will look better on your UCAS, shows you can deal with high workload

Also you could only display your best grades and not have to mention your worst grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey thanks for the reply but can you take that AS subject with you to uni without having an A2 on it? for example i can't do English lit this year because of some problems but since i want to do English in the future can i just have an AS on it and then take it to uni? is that possible?
Original post by noey123
hey thanks for the reply but can you take that AS subject with you to uni without having an A2 on it? for example i can't do English lit this year because of some problems but since i want to do English in the future can i just have an AS on it and then take it to uni? is that possible?

I suppose it would be useful for a points based offer. I don't think it can be used to apply to somewhere which wants the full A level in English Lit though.
Reply 4
Original post by Don Joiner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was a requirement to mention all of your grades (bar grade U​s) on your UCAS application form?

Quick Reply

Latest