The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone do? :smile:
Original post by BethhPhill
Original post by Messiah Complex

Says it all for all at Cardiff City!! Amazing day. I'm hoping to come home from uni and make the Reading FA Cup match!

I heard it wasn't an incredible performance, but still - a win is a win, especially with the occasion today! /o\
I wonder how long before Stuart Pearce will get sacked after another loss for Nottingham Forest today.
Original post by Rock Fan
I wonder how long before Stuart Pearce will get sacked after another loss for Nottingham Forest today.

He'd have gone a month ago if he wasn't a club legend.

Speaking of club legends, Eidur Gudjohnsen scored his first goal since 2000 for Bolton today. What a guy.

Leapfrogged Ipswich into 2nd with a 1-0 win :smile:

And Forest lost again, which is always nice. Seems like just yesterday when they were singing "top of the league" back in August haha.
2 points dropped. Getting sucked into a relegation battle.

If it wasn't for Millwall getting beat by Blackpool, we'd be in the relegation zone
What a turnaround Birmingham have gone through. Fair play to them. Just goes to show that with one decent run of form, you are able to find yourself within touching distance of the play-offs.
1-0 win against Rotherham today, who were the perfect opponents after losing three in a row. Back up to fifth and hopefully we've stopped our form from going on a long slide.

Watched an amazing match today in the Trophy - Chorley went 2-0 up but FC fought back to 3-2 before conceding a late equaliser. The game had everything: a lad from our coach was ejected before kick off for invading the pitch, loads of pyro, a comeback, a massive scuffle when a steward lost it at being taunted and attacked someone and the best atmosphere at any match this season for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott129

And Forest lost again, which is always nice. Seems like just yesterday when they were singing "top of the league" back in August haha.

Ah cracking!! Nice one :smile:

haha, not that I can comment on league standings, but that is so true! I remember them being right up there at the start, they've dropped loads now!

I hope Derby get promoted this year. It was painful watching Zamora steal it last minute last season! (Sorry to bring it up again)
Original post by Scott129

Don't forget we managed to beat Bournemouth allowing you to go joint top; so we both did each other a favour :wink:.

It was an incredible game at Bournemouth and it was great to see Alex Neil get into the dugout when we (incorrectly) went a man down.
Went to the Macron for the first time yesterday since we signed king Heskey. Remarkable we are still getting points after losing our 2 best players, and two of our most promising attacking threats from earlier in the season. Scrappy game, poor officiating and disappointing result in the grand scheme of things. Leeds are one of the worst footballing teams I have seen in the Championship. It was terrible to watch.
Benik Afobe in talks with Wolves.
Original post by Mackay
Benik Afobe in talks with Wolves.

Source?!
Original post by Mackay
What a turnaround Birmingham have gone through. Fair play to them. Just goes to show that with one decent run of form, you are able to find yourself within touching distance of the play-offs.

It's one of my favourite aspects of the Championship. Literally anything can happen and it gets pretty exciting!
Original post by ..DT..
Leeds are one of the worst footballing teams I have seen in the Championship. It was terrible to watch.

:frown:

We need to see this season out, pull ourselves out of the relegation scrap & go again next season. 2 chances missed at the end of the game, that's just how we drop points. Haven't scored from open play for something like 700+ minutes now
Original post by TornadoGR4

We need to see this season out, pull ourselves out of the relegation scrap & go again next season. 2 chances missed at the end of the game, that's just how we drop points. Haven't scored from open play for something like 700+ minutes now

That is a quite incredible statistic. You'll beat us when we come to visit.
Original post by TornadoGR4

Yeah you could have nicked it at the end. Think we had about 10 corners between the 25-45th minute, won the header from every single one and still didn't manage to bundle the ball in. Was bizarre.
Ah cracking!! Nice one :smile:

haha, not that I can comment on league standings, but that is so true! I remember them being right up there at the start, they've dropped loads now!

I hope Derby get promoted this year. It was painful watching Zamora steal it last minute last season! (Sorry to bring it up again)

Haha, no worries. We get it all the time from opposition fans :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest