The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Psychology at City University

So I'm going to be studying Psychology in September and I just got an offer from City University which is ideally where I want to study.(firm choice)
Overall to those who have been or are attending City university,what is the atmosphere like, student life and also,what is the Psychology course like there? Anyone who is able to answer would be much appreciated.
:smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dorela
So I'm going to be studying Psychology in September and I just got an offer from City University which is ideally where I want to study.(firm choice)
Overall to those who have been or are attending City university,what is the atmosphere like, student life and also,what is the Psychology course like there? Anyone who is able to answer would be much appreciated.

What grades do you have in which AS/A2s? And what were your predicted grades? Im really desperate for an offer from City !
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
City looks really good for Psychology! Hopefully I get an offer. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by stressedbrownboy
What grades do you have in which AS/A2s? And what were your predicted grades? Im really desperate for an offer from City !

For AS I got BCD,I'm retaking a few AS modules to raise my grades,and my A2 predicted grades are ABB. May I ask what your predicted grades are? And are you also planning on studying Psychology? I'm sure you'll get an offer from them soon!:smile:
Reply 4
what subjects do you take may i ask? because i want to study psychology to
Reply 5
Original post by noey123
what subjects do you take may i ask? because i want to study psychology to

I do Psychology, Sociology and English Literature, what about you?:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by moment of truth
City looks really good for Psychology! Hopefully I get an offer. :smile:

Yes it does! Hopefully you do get an offer!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by dorela
I do Psychology, Sociology and English Literature, what about you?:smile:

you made my day!! the same as you except that i would be taking english lit as an AS instead of A2 and plus i do government and politics! english lit is not a must is it?
Reply 8
Original post by noey123
you made my day!! the same as you except that i would be taking english lit as an AS instead of A2 and plus i do government and politics! english lit is not a must is it?

Haha I'm glad! And nope you don't have to study english lit in order to do Psychology at uni:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by dorela
Haha I'm glad! And nope you don't have to study english lit in order to do Psychology at uni:smile:

thanks for the reply :biggrin:
Original post by dorela
For AS I got BCD,I'm retaking a few AS modules to raise my grades,and my A2 predicted grades are ABB. May I ask what your predicted grades are? And are you also planning on studying Psychology? I'm sure you'll get an offer from them soon!:smile:

ABD/ABC not sure as I asked my teacher to change it to ABC and he said he will but ill have to wait and see...Criminology and Socio!

Hows revision/studying going?
Reply 11
ABD/ABC not sure as I asked my teacher to change it to ABC and he said he will but ill have to wait and see...Criminology and Socio!

Hows revision/studying going?

Oh cool! So I'm presuming your UCAS hasn't been sent off yet?
and revision is very stressful! :frown: I just need to be consistent with it, that's the main thing. How about yours? What subjects do you take btw?
Original post by dorela
Oh cool! So I'm presuming your UCAS hasn't been sent off yet?
and revision is very stressful! :frown: I just need to be consistent with it, that's the main thing. How about yours? What subjects do you take btw?

Nope :/ hoping to get it sent off early Wednesday morning, only thing stopping me from sending it off is that Im reapplying on a gap year; i have no tutor to help me improve my personal statement so its really difficult😖

Same! I need to become consistent before Feb ! History Edexcel, sociology ocr and aqa Business. Yourself?
Reply 13
Nope :/ hoping to get it sent off early Wednesday morning, only thing stopping me from sending it off is that Im reapplying on a gap year; i have no tutor to help me improve my personal statement so its really difficult������

Same! I need to become consistent before Feb ! History Edexcel, sociology ocr and aqa Business. Yourself?

Ahh I can imagine how difficult it is, I hope it gets sent off soon! And Sociology, Psychology and English Lit, all AQA :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by noey123
thanks for the reply :biggrin:

Anytime:smile:
I've moved this to the City Uni forum :h: Good luck with your applications :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by She-Ra
I've moved this to the City Uni forum :h: Good luck with your applications :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by dorela

I study Psychology at City, any specific questions? I can try my best to answer them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Psyc_Girl
I study Psychology at City, any specific questions? I can try my best to answer them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to ask what the Psychology course is like there,do you enjoy it? and I have been told that there is quite a lot of maths involved, is this true?
I also wanted to ask about the university itself,overall how is the student life there,atmosphere etc
Thank you:smile:
Original post by dorela
I wanted to ask what the Psychology course is like there,do you enjoy it? and I have been told that there is quite a lot of maths involved, is this true?
I also wanted to ask about the university itself,overall how is the student life there,atmosphere etc
Thank you:smile:

In my opinion I think the course city offers is great! They cover a range of modules that are very interesting. I've completed my first term and currently doing my exams and so far I absolutely love it there!
There is a maths module, but it's doable maths. Before I came I was scared about maths as well as I haven't done it since gcse but it's really not that hard.. I got 80% in my first maths class test and I HATE maths! Just practice and you'll be fine! If your struggling then just speak to the lecturer (he's call Stuart and he's lovely!)
In terms of university life, I think the overall atmosphere of the uni is friendly and nice, but in terms of night life I wouldn't know as I commute and I don't party!

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try and help :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending