The Student Room Group

Are you any of you guys scared of getting older?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I also feel envious of peeps who are younger than me and always think at the end of the day 'well I'm a day closer to death' as morbid as that sounds lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSIMMIK97
I'm excited for what the future holds :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. :biggrin: Although i'm still a member of the perpetual teenager club. :tongue:
Original post by llacerta
Well, the alternative is dying, so...

Fair point

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the worst thing that can happen to anyone. The days when you had no worries and you were innocent where the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a good childhood but after that, everything went to ****. I can only hope for a better future, so if in thirty years I turn 50 and become happy... Arms wide open and I'm ready to welcome getting older.
Not yet, but probably will be within the next few years.
it is worse for ladies. they rely on their dewy looks to ensnare hapless males. they try hard to disguise the ravages of time but they always fail. their poor gametes become stale and degraded like donuts left at the back of the fridge too long.
Original post by the bear
it is worse for ladies. they rely on their dewy looks to ensnare hapless males. they try hard to disguise the ravages of time but they always fail. their poor gametes become stale and degraded like donuts left at the back of the fridge too long.

Vivid.
Reply 28
Original post by monsterly
Vivid.

For real!!
Reply 29
True true. And really? :s-smilie: and that last sentence made me laugh for some reason.! :P
Definitely I'm always worried that life will just go pass and I'll miss so many opportunities.
Also as I get older, I get more responsibilities and generally the future scares me, to be able to manage my life, pay bills, have a mortgage. It all just scares me to be honest.
I'm scared of being financially independent and getting into the never ending cycle of working to live and living to work
Original post by Ryan202
I'm not, Men age like wine apparently

Men look good until they're about mid 50s. Wish women aged that well
Im turning 20 this year and scared lol. I really need to start being more mature
Original post by BOB2014
Im turning 20 this year and scared lol. I really need to start being more mature

I turned 20 in November and it was only when that happened that I suddenly felt horrified at how old I was getting. For some reason, when I was 19 I still felt like I would be a teenager forever, haha. I'm not horrified for any reason other than the speed at which it is happening. Everyday feels like half a day to me, when I was little everyday use to feel like a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexschmalex
Kinda, a boy from my church that I've known since birth turned 10 in october and I felt oooooooooooold.

My daughter turns 10 this year, and I'm still 17 in my head! How do you think I feel?! lol
Time just passes by so quickly. I guess it's kind of scary if you think about. I hate that i'm always planning the future you know? Like university, job etc etc and that this going to keep me from actually living.
Reply 37
Original post by will2348
I turned 20 in November and it was only when that happened that I suddenly felt horrified at how old I was getting. For some reason, when I was 19 I still felt like I would be a teenager forever, haha. I'm not horrified for any reason other than the speed at which it is happening. Everyday feels like half a day to me, when I was little everyday use to feel like a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right. The younger you are you just think one week is endless and as you get older, you'd do anything to go back. i know i would.
Kind of. I like to go walking in the countryside a lot and that will get more difficult as I get older, eventually to the point of not being able to go there at all. Assuming I don't die before I get to that point.
Reply 39
Original post by RFowler
Kind of. I like to go walking in the countryside a lot and that will get more difficult as I get older, eventually to the point of not being able to go there at all. Assuming I don't die before I get to that point.

Actually this is something that I like to do as well, but running instead of walking.

Quick Reply

Latest