The Student Room Group

What A level/s do you find a joke?

Scroll to see replies

Media studies, which we were forced to take at our school instead of a useful gcse which would have been ICT... only my ****ing school.
Oh, A levels, my bad:colondollar:
Original post by charlenko
Oh course it is, but that isn't the point of this post is it? The post is designed to undermine the hard work and efforts of anyone that has studied the subjects being slated by you "intellectually elite" students. Well sorry for that, we can't all be natural superstars.

The point of the post wasn't to cause offence, it was just to explain my point of view and why the "intellectually elite" take them.
Original post by Olympiad
I did History at AS, yes it was much harder.

Tbh, I think politics is one of those subjects that if you enjoy it: you will do well. If you don't, you won't. Hence why the grade boundaries are low, because a lot of people take it thinking that it is a super easy subject but don't have any interest in the subject content.

Also, I think one of the reasons why at AS it isn't as hard is because they want young people to be engaged in the subject.

I am looking forward to studying it at university though :biggrin:

Spot on!

So you want to study politics too, what uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anything with 'studies' at the end.
Original post by constantino_chr
Spot on!

So you want to study politics too, what uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Politics & IR yup :smile:

Deciding between Birmingham and Nottingham as my firm.

Also have offers from Lancaster, Royal Holloway and Kent.

You?
What would you say are the best 'facilitating' subjects? And do modern languages count as facilitating

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

"The man was wearing a coat"

Teacher: The man is selfish and self-obsessed and only looks out for himself. The coat is a metaphor for a shield of his dark soul.

Author: It was ****ing raining so he wore a coat.

Absolute bull I'd like to see you try to get an a level in it
Original post by smileitsjess
Personally, I find it a joke that people find themselves superior to others because of the subjects they choose to study at 16 years old. There's no bigger sign of insecurity than criticising other peoples' life choices to make you feel better about your own. I think it's time for some people to grow up a little bit.

Couldn't agree more
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

"The man was wearing a coat"

Teacher: The man is selfish and self-obsessed and only looks out for himself. The coat is a metaphor for a shield of his dark soul.

Author: It was ****ing raining so he wore a coat.

:rofl:
This is so true for GCSE, but for A-levels we are not supposed to go in so much analysis.

I wouldn't say it is easy. :unimpressed:
Physics

:troll:
Original post by I Procrastinate
Physics

:troll:

True, if you do a few A-levels in maths alongside it it's easy.
General Studies, anything that ends in "skills" (eg. Life Skills) or any "-ology" minus biology
English has got to be the most depressing life-sapping subject there is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gott der Zweite
Psychology is so difficult beacuse there is so much of it and it is f***** boring

Personally, i think Psychology is ok, but what makes it difficult is the amount you have to learn. :smile:
Original post by hdaindak
Absolute bull I'd like to see you try to get an a level in it

Original post by I Procrastinate
:rofl:
This is so true for GCSE, but for A-levels we are not supposed to go in so much analysis.

I wouldn't say it is easy. :unimpressed:

I'm going to study Chemistry at University - I did AS-level English Literature and got an A, so I'm fairly qualified for my original comment. Though I admit I focused on a narrow aspect of the subject that undermines the course as a whole. (Though I did drop it for A2!)
Original post by Dylann
I'm going to study Chemistry at University - I did AS-level English Literature and got an A, so I'm fairly qualified for my original comment. Though I admit I focused on a narrow aspect of the subject that undermines the course as a whole. (Though I did drop it for A2!)

It's very hard to do well in it because there is a very specific set of guidelines that you have to follow
Politics & IR yup :smile:

Deciding between Birmingham and Nottingham as my firm.

Also have offers from Lancaster, Royal Holloway and Kent.

You?

Oh wow snap, I'm in yr 12 now but If I get my target grades I want to apply for Politcs with Economics BSc at Bath, History and Politics at Warwick, Exeter and LSE and Politics at Durham

I saw that you did Greek GCSE, are you Greek or was it just an option you took?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow snap, I'm in yr 12 now but If I get my target grades I want to apply for Politcs with Economics BSc at Bath, History and Politics at Warwick, Exeter and LSE and Politics at Durham

I saw that you did Greek GCSE, are you Greek or was it just an option you took?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds great! Good luck :smile:

Just an option I took.

What other subjects are you taking?
Sounds great! Good luck :smile:

Just an option I took.

What other subjects are you taking?

History, Economics, Geography and Gov & Pol

Posted from TSR Mobile
History, Economics, Geography and Gov & Pol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking Econ and pol too! Dropped history last year.

Quick Reply

Latest