The Student Room Group

Advice needed to guys about girls?

i'm so bored

if you need advice, tell your story :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Would it be considered inappropriate, if, on a first date, I asked a girl to hold hands? :colondollar:

It depends,how well do you know her?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Would it be considered inappropriate, if, on a first date, I asked a girl to hold hands? :colondollar:

Dont ask just do it. Be a man. If she in anyway seems uncomfortable or pulls away, apologise and dont try again until you've known each other a while .
Reply 3
Original post by queen-bee
It depends,how well do you know her?

1hour.
Reply 4
Original post by Foo.mp3

Don't ask, i think most girls would say yes, especially if you're already on the first day.
Reply 5
Original post by Foo.mp3
Say anything between a few weeks and a few months :beard:

But the last time I did this the girl looked at me with these puppy-dog eyes, like I had stolen her favourite doll or something? :daydreaming:

I felt so terrible, so I just said sorry, let go of her hand, and ran and ran and never looked back. Last I heard she was dating a guy who lifts :sad:

If you don't want to because your shy then just wait till another date, it's not actually a big deal. You can give her a hug at the end of the date
Reply 6
Original post by Foo.mp3
If she let's you, be sure to wear protection.

Put gloves on.

That's a cold wind out there.
I'm spotting a pattern here. Perhaps you need to lift to prove you are manly enough to hold a girl's hand?
Yes. I need some advice on what to do about this pimple on my face. Should I pop it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best way to ask a girl out especially one you don't know?
Original post by Illegal Algebra
Yes. I need some advice on what to do about this pimple on my face. Should I pop it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do it, there is no better feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3

Some girls i.e. the relationship hungry, would like it but in general I'd consider it inappropriate unless there was a re-existing relationship there. It's quite an affectionate gesture.
Original post by Guy Secretan
What's the best way to ask a girl out especially one you don't know?

I'd say the confident, direct approach is best. I've always responded best when guys have said words to the effect of "I want to take you out" as opposed to asking me if they can. It's somehow a lot harder to say no :wink:(unless of course I had a boyfriend).

Over-think it at your peril.
Original post by Hate_skl
i'm so bored

Right so my GF and I had an over-text argument 2 nights ago. It was started because she found out I had used her YouTube account to like and comment on a video of MINE.

Just as I realised that her comment was on it I went to delete it, but it was to late. She sent me "Using me to get people to like you is not cool".

I instantly responded with "Give me a break, Goodnight" --- Foolish, I know.

The following morning I sent her an apology. I realised how much of an ******** I had been. She didn't respond.

I waited around 9 hours later, and called her. She didn't answer at first, but 10 mins later she called back.

We had a short conversation at the which she said "I'm not in the mood to talk right now" and we said goodnight.

After talking to her close friend about what happened, I sent another text to my GF. She responded with this:

"I am really, really upset and I don't want to talk about it now because I'm stressed about University and not thinking straight. I don't think we'll see each other before you go, but maybe next time you're in London when things have calmed
down".

Was this a way of breaking up with me??

========================================

This is basically a question I've asked in relationships, but since you asked :colondollar:
Why is it a guy's responsibility to leave the toilet seat down? :lol:
Reply 15
Original post by Foo.mp3
But.. I can't lift :sad:

But, I like hand-holdy :sad:

Confident and direct, yet not holding hands? :confused:

I've always found holding feet much more romantic, give it a try on your next date. Simply say to the girl 'Want to hold feet?'
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3

If in doubt whip out your... cinema tickets
Original post by nitbag
If in doubt whip out your... cinema tickets

Not a bad day for cinema.

Orange Wednesdays

Spoiler

Original post by Foo.mp3
But.. I can't lift :sad:

But, I like hand-holdy :sad:

Confident and direct, yet not holding hands? :confused:

Holding hands it's very romantic, I'd say more so than a hug/kiss. A bit too heavy for a first date and personally it would either make me question whether he was genuine or think he was too over-eager. Some girls may like it, you have to gauge what kind of girl she is - it's just risky for the above reasons that's all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hate_skl
i'm so bored

Do girls get put off by height of other boys? I like some girls but I fear they may reject me due to height. Also does skin colour play a part in getting girls? I'm only asking this because I'm a Bangali.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending