The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Yeovil in front. Good.
Cardiff 2-0 down at Norwich and missed a penalty!
Absolutely brilliant having our colours back - but so much improvement needed on the pitch.

How's everyone doing?
Original post by BethhPhill
Cardiff 2-0 down at Norwich and missed a penalty!
Absolutely brilliant having our colours back - but so much improvement needed on the pitch.

How's everyone doing?

Winning 2-1, seems to be end to end. It's going to be a loss.
Original post by IDukem
Winning 2-1, seems to be end to end. It's going to be a loss.

Oooh, good luck!! :biggrin:
The end to end games can be pretty entertaining though -- and a bit scary, haha
Original post by BethhPhill
Oooh, good luck!! :biggrin:
The end to end games can be pretty entertaining though -- and a bit scary, haha

I'm not at the game today, so I'm relying on twitter feeds and those who are. Staines equalised and then about 4 minutes later, we took the lead. hard to predict to be honest, I have a feeling we'll sit back and concede. We have done this a fair few times this season :tongue:

Cardiff seem to be struggling it appears :redface:
Well that was ****ing ****e.

To use an old cliche, it was a classic game of two halves. Dominated the first and should have been up by more than one.

Then Hughes went off, the non-existant Hendrick came on and we fell apart. Absolutely no presence in midfield, couldn't keep the ball and we resorted to using their hoofball tactics. All epitomised by our players just arguing amongst themselves. Dreadful match.
Well better late than never, Afobe on debut too which is always good. That was for you Sir Jack!

Good day for all the top sides bar Derby today by the looks of it, only 6 points off what we achieved when we were relegated under Fraud Saunders which is nice!
The only positive about that 1-1 was the £30 it netted me
Two Scunthorpe 'keepers broke their arm in one half today. Good grief. Poor bastards.
Lincoln might yet make the play offs in the Conference, another 3-0 win today over Aldershot and it looks like they are getting the crowd back, 3,000+ turned up today when a few weeks ago they were struggling to get a 1,000.
Original post by Mackay
Two Scunthorpe 'keepers broke their arm in one half today. Good grief. Poor bastards.

Never handy to have two keepers injured..
Great finish by Billy Daniels on his Notts County debut.
Seems some more dodgy dealings at Birmingham http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30883291
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30879809

A football club owner has been found unacceptable by the game's rulers. I am sure many fans of clubs other than Leeds wished the same of their club's owners.
Best of luck to Sheffield United in their semi-final this week, by the way. What a story that'll be if they can get something.
Original post by Mackay
Best of luck to Sheffield United in their semi-final this week, by the way. What a story that'll be if they can get something.

Indeed, although I think the first leg has the potential to go either way if the factors are right, I don't see Sheffield United being able to pull it out of the bag twice Home and away.

Despite this, if I was a Sheffield united fan I would be pretty happy about how far they have come in the cup anyway.
Original post by Mackay

No thanks, I hope to see them crash out 12-0 on aggregate :colonhash:
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Indeed, although I think the first leg has the potential to go either way if the factors are right, I don't see Sheffield United being able to pull it out of the bag twice Home and away.

Despite this, if I was a Sheffield united fan I would be pretty happy about how far they have come in the cup anyway.

They've got a remarkable form in the cup competitions. Especially considering Newcastle haven't won a cup tie in 5 years...
They could push Spurs quite hard on Wednesday, think that in the second leg Spurs will over power them.
Villa's Jack Grealish is likely to be going on loan to either Wolves or Nottingham Forest.

Quick Reply

Latest