The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joesmiths
Haha, you just say the obvious. stuff ive clearly heard before. its irritating. Sorry Its9am. been up all night sorting stuff out on my server. Don't mean to be obnoxious.

It is possible but is very hard and expensive to sit the exams privately, and usually depending on the area you can't do it without being assigned to a sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Moneys not an issue, what's the area got to do with it?
Moneys not an issue, what's the area got to do with it?

Usually you have to go through the areas education board and some are more lenient than others. Some will refuse you because you no longer go to college, as by law we now have to be in some form of education till were 18.

So they probably won't even give you the time of day and will write you off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Soo, how do people who are home schooled get their a levels?
Soo, how do people who are home schooled get their a levels?

They go through a sixth form or education centre, but they have never been to school so it's very easy, also they have proof they have been doing work. Whereas you have quit college because you can't be bothered going so they will probably take that against you.

Just go to college and stop being lazy and not bothered, your making life so hard for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Where's the fun in making it easy?
Think you can still do A. Levels as an external candidate.

Decide how important they are to you... Only you can decide...

It may go either way... Often though teachers don't take too kindly to continual non attendance.... They may take it very personally...

Has to be your decision....but of these qualifications are important I'd buckle down, rather than start getting into a head to head with the 6th form boss..
Reply 27
Your the person that knows there capable of doing better so you think why bother becouse you think you can do it easy .
Thing is other people only judge you on what you do not how you see yourself.
I'm in sixth form and have very poor attendance too. I've had several meetings arranged with my year head and one with headmaster next week. My attendance is like 84.5%? My mum keeps saying they are going to kick me out and I don't really doubt it, but I know I will not be able to maintain an attendance above 95% no matter what threats I get. It is very difficult to cope with.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'll be fine. workplace = money, don't go no money. School Don't go = more sleep. End result 2 A's 1 B. no offence, didn't join this forum to get a lecture from my mum.

Kinda wanted someone with experience on how the school decided how to kick people out. See if its worth playing Russian roulette with my head of sixth form or not.

you dont uderstand do you?
the lessons which cost you nothing is being funded by the taxpayer. if you do not attend lessons you are wasting tax money basically, which in essence couldve been spent on something more usefull other than your complaicent ass. you do know that colleges dont only care about grades. the only reason why they let in people like you is so they can get their 4000 quid a year from the govt due to your enrollment. if your attendance is low it can affect the overall attendace of the college which may cause the local govt to reduce funding for the college. see your lazy attitude and snobby behaviour can affect other people who actually want to learn. please do keepcother people into conaideration before commiting lazy acts.
BTW im in my 1st yr of college and in the first term my attendance was 86% and they did fine me (130 quid) which taught me a valuable lesson and since then i have never missed a lesson. so the answer to yoyr question is NO you should not play roullete with your attendance and frankly you are kinda stupid to ask that question in the first place

Latest