The Student Room Group

ITT: I ask you stuff

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arithmeticae
what has been the biggest challenge in your life so far?

Hmm thats a good one :confused:

Probably going through my AS exams with a lot of personal and family problems going on....
Ask me something deep :wink:
Changing things round are we.... :colone:
Sounds a fun idea
Original post by CescaD96
I'm waiting!

what habit do you want to break?

Original post by SiminaM
Ask me something deep :wink:

much potential for kinkiness but i'll keep it clean

is it possible for a computer to have a mind/conciousness?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by turn-to-page394
Changing things round are we.... :colone:

in soviet russia, ama asks you :wink:

do you resemble any famous people?

Original post by jshep000
Sounds a fun idea

what's your dream job?

is it possible for a computer to have a mind/conciousness?

Artificial intelligence, that they have. But conciousness, no.
It's maths and informatics. Nothing but numbers, codes and solving schemes and stuff like that. All wrapped in a shiny cute package and futuristic design to make you think your computer is something special.
in soviet russia, ama asks you :wink:

do you resemble any famous people?

#rebel

and no. hell no. :biggrin: at least, not any famous people I know of. :rolleyes:
what's your dream job?

Not sure if classifies as job, but if I could pick, I would be a professional footballer all day every day :smile:
Hey hey sounds interesting :smile: ask ahead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Je voudrais avoir une question sil vous plait
Original post by SiminaM
Artificial intelligence, that they have. But conciousness, no.
It's maths and informatics. Nothing but numbers, codes and solving schemes and stuff like that. All wrapped in a shiny cute package and futuristic design to make you think your computer is something special.

what do you mean by conciousness and what's the difference between having 'intelligence' and having a mind? :holmes:

Original post by turn-to-page394
#rebel

and no. hell no. :biggrin: at least, not any famous people I know of. :rolleyes:

you sure? try this site and report back

http://www.pictriev.com

Original post by bettysroses
Hey hey sounds interesting :smile: ask ahead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are your opinions on the du-rag?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
what habit do you want to break?

Swearing. I've gotten into an awfully horrible habit of it lately.
what do you mean by conciousness and what's the difference between having 'intelligence' and having a mind? :holmes:

Conciousness means having a moral systems, having values and principles. A computer will never feel guilty for ex. Nor will it feel happy.
Intelligence - when talking about computers - means algorithms and numerical calculations. A mind means so much more: it means having personal opinions, having likes and dislikes, an unique personality etc. it is much more complex than intelligence. Computers have an incomplete 'mind': all they have is intelligence but nothing more.
Original post by Chlorophile
Je voudrais avoir une question sil vous plait

je ne parles pas francais

would you ever consider doing drugs?

Original post by SiminaM
Conciousness means having a moral systems, having values and principles. A computer will never feel guilty for ex. Nor will it feel happy.
Intelligence - when talking about computers - means algorithms and numerical calculations. A mind means so much more: it means having personal opinions, having likes and dislikes, an unique personality etc. it is much more complex than intelligence. Computers have an incomplete 'mind': all they have is intelligence but nothing more.

conciousness is independent from morality

i think there's been work into simulating neural processes using computers, so if a computer can accurately reproduce the mechanisms of the human brain what is there that prevents it from having the same cognitive capabilities as any normal person?

conciousness is independent from morality

i think there's been work into simulating neural processes using computers, so if a computer can accurately reproduce the mechanisms of the human brain what is there that prevents it from having the same cognitive capabilities as any normal person?

You see people breaking their limits all the time. Computers will never do that. All this sci fi research that's been going on lately, I don't support it. Computers won't be able to process the surroundings as complex as humans can. Mind is not just intelligence, it is also perception and interpretation.
And a mechanic/robotic mind can't think 'outside the box'. It can't be innovative and creative. This is why a computer's mind will never be as complex as a human's. It won't be able to generate brand new ideas only recycle old ones.
would you ever consider doing drugs?

Well I use medicinal drugs but if you mean recreational drugs then no, probably not. I mean I can't predict the future but I can't see myself ever wanting to take them, alcohol included.
Reply 37
I want to give u cuddlez
I give thou permission to ask yet another question :holmes:

Original post by ryanicus
I want to give u cuddlez

:lolwut:
Reply 39
Original post by zhang-liao

:lolwut:

What? You don't enjoy harmless affection? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest