The Student Room Group

Compelling reasons student finance

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I’m having. I’ve recently been on year 1 of a course but during the winter I had a surgery which had a huge impact on my physical fitness and mental health to the point where I’d had a few serious issues. It also affected my ability throughout the year, for which I still tried incredibly hard to pass even with my health issues. I’d had some support from student services, although in the end I still managed to fail to get onto the next year so I’ve been withdrawn. With support from my gp and medication and advisors I’ve been able to better myself. I’ve chosen to do a 2 year degree in primary education but I’ve only got one year of funding left. If I apply for compelling reasons would I have a chance? From what I’ve been told from my advisors at uni is that it’s likely I can get funding for an extra year due to the challenges I’ve faced during the year granted that I can provide evidence for this but I still wanted to ask again on here. Thanks
Original post by Anotherstudent.h
I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I’m having. I’ve recently been on year 1 of a course but during the winter I had a surgery which had a huge impact on my physical fitness and mental health to the point where I’d had a few serious issues. It also affected my ability throughout the year, for which I still tried incredibly hard to pass even with my health issues. I’d had some support from student services, although in the end I still managed to fail to get onto the next year so I’ve been withdrawn. With support from my gp and medication and advisors I’ve been able to better myself. I’ve chosen to do a 2 year degree in primary education but I’ve only got one year of funding left. If I apply for compelling reasons would I have a chance? From what I’ve been told from my advisors at uni is that it’s likely I can get funding for an extra year due to the challenges I’ve faced during the year granted that I can provide evidence for this but I still wanted to ask again on here. Thanks

Hi Anotherstudent.h,

Can you confirm if the course is a PGCE ITT? Do you hold Qualified Teacher Status currently? Can you confirm what you studied previously?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Anotherstudent.h,

Can you confirm if the course is a PGCE ITT? Do you hold Qualified Teacher Status currently? Can you confirm what you studied previously?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

It’s a 2year accelerated degree in primary education at Leeds bekket.
Previously I’ve done a foundation year and year 1 in nursing but couldn’t finish to get onto year 2 due to my compelling reasons. I don’t hold a QTS currently.
Original post by Anotherstudent.h
Hi Claire,

It’s a 2year accelerated degree in primary education at Leeds bekket.
Previously I’ve done a foundation year and year 1 in nursing but couldn’t finish to get onto year 2 due to my compelling reasons. I don’t hold a QTS currently.

Hi there,

You would need to provide evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons to be eligible for funding if the course is not a PGCE. You can upload a letter from a 3rd party professional that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending