The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
I couldn't believe how tiny he was! (For a GK, that is). I thought Kompany & co would bully him from set pieces.

With Villa and Leicester as their next two home fixtures, I would happily bring him in for a hit.

jesus those are amazing fixtures for arsenal.
that unexpected win vs city has given them such a boost - they'll beat united to 3rd.
soz :colone:

our season on the other hand will be determined by our next 5 games - west ham, everton, spurs, soton, city
the next month will determine whether we're fighting for CL or EL.
Original post by Zerforax
Yea I was thinking Sanchez too. The Villa backline isn't the quickest and they've not been great holding the ball up front.

i'm doing sanchez as captain simply because i know if i have to choose between costa or aguero, i'll choose wrong.
Poor Baines owners. A shocker letting Mirallas take it. Sorry guys.
Original post by Zerforax
Yea I was thinking Sanchez too. The Villa backline isn't the quickest and they've not been great holding the ball up front.

Not that slow - Okore is rapid, and Hutton pretty fast too. So stick a quickie up against the LCB and you might get a bit of success. But Villa generally defend okay.
Original post by little_wizard123
Poor Baines owners. A shocker letting Mirallas take it. Sorry guys.

:mad:
Original post by sr90
Definitely. Have you seen our March/April fixtures? Absolutely horrific, we go to Goodison, Anfield and the Bridge as well as playing City within a few weeks. Those teams will rip us to shreds especially if this godawful 352 continues.

Will be annoyed if WBA keep a clean sheet tonight, I doubled up on their defence and then bottled playing Foster or Wisdom :/

Anyone know if Baird, Chris Baird, is going to keep his place. Absolute bargain at 3.9 if so. Doubling up on that with Wisdom could be lethal.
Baines didn't get to take the penalty :angry:
Original post by sr90
Think the general consensus was that he had his place for now, but Pulis may strengthen before the window closes.

Gah if they keep a clean sheet i'll be so annoyed. I've had such a crap week :colonhash:

Ah yeah explains the interest in Neil Taylor. Noticed there is a lot who have benched West Brom players this week which has surprised me. Considering getting McAuley too, as he is a set piece threat as well. Think West Brom will keep enough clean sheets to justify doubling up, or even tripling up if it means Baird retains his place.

Two CS from Baines and Wisdom - Baines signs off on something better than a 1 at least. Such good fixtures recently but they have been horrendous. My WC team is looking different.
Agree with Neville. With Pulis in charge now most teams are going to have to be happy with just 1 goal. The way to fix that however/ensure they always concede 1 goal is by me transferring Foster in. :evil:
Original post by sr90
Definitely. Have you seen our March/April fixtures? Absolutely horrific, we go to Goodison, Anfield and the Bridge as well as playing City within a few weeks. Those teams will rip us to shreds especially if this godawful 352 continues.

Will be annoyed if WBA keep a clean sheet tonight, I doubled up on their defence and then bottled playing Foster or Wisdom :/

3-5-2 makes no sense for you - LVG is trying to be too "different"; trying to make himself look special.
just get the job done mate, play your strikers up front and your midfielders in midfield.

your recent form is the worst in the top 8 bar West Ham (ours is the 2nd best :colone:) - things need to change and you need to improve.
you won your last match, fair enough but it was against a terrible side and from what i heard, DDG saved you a few times at least.

WBA clean sheet lost me both my Cup and H2H game.
i lost my H2H by 1 point - there's nothing worse than that...
(edited 9 years ago)
Who would you say are the most important players to have in your squad for this gameweek (and upcoming gameweeks too)?

I was thinking of getting Oscar and Elia too
Original post by dylantombides
Who would you say are the most important players to have in your squad for this gameweek (and upcoming gameweeks too)?

I was thinking of getting Oscar and Elia too

Yeah they're good differentials especially since hazard and fab are the Chelsea mids people are goin for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah they're good differentials especially since hazard and fab are the Chelsea mids people are goin for

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if you could choose between hazard, fab and oscar who would you go for? Oscar is on form but they've got man city so I'm not sure.
So if you could choose between hazard, fab and oscar who would you go for? Oscar is on form but they've got man city so I'm not sure.

I've had hazard for quite a while and he's done top. I have enough money in the bank so don't need to downgrade to Oscar. Oscar is more of a rotation risk too but his low price and form is tempting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Hazard, Sanchez, Aguero, Southampton defender, WBA defender

agree - i have bertrand and wisdom as my choices.
Anyone know if Bellerin will consistently start now at RB? Need to try and work an Arsenal defender into the team.
Reply 4336
Original post by ArsenalWenger
I've had hazard for quite a while and he's done top. I have enough money in the bank so don't need to downgrade to Oscar. Oscar is more of a rotation risk too but his low price and form is tempting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah at 8.3m he's better value than Haz or Fab as well, so I brought him in for Haz to free up some funds for elsewhere.
Make full use of Jan Wildcard

Foster

Ivanovic, Moreno, Bertrand

Sanchez, Di Maria, Elia, Eriksen

Kane, Costa, Aguero

Hopefully can break back into top 10...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hazard or Fabregas?
Hazard or Fabregas?

I've got Fab.

Less goals but more assists than anyone else in the Prem.

Quick Reply

Latest