The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Really thinking about Sturridge but also worried about Liverpool's next 5 games: West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Soton, City.

We are on excellent form though and Sturridge will only make us better.
So you never know, might be worth a punt even with tough fixtures.
Original post by Lúcio
Really thinking about Sturridge but also worried about Liverpool's next 5 games: West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Soton, City.

We are on excellent form though and Sturridge will only make us better.

When though. He probably wont return for a couple of games, then initially as a bit part, then he wont be fit for several games. He's been out for over 4 months.
Original post by Mister Dead
When though. He probably wont return for a couple of games, then initially as a bit part, then he wont be fit for several games. He's been out for over 4 months.

He'll likely be on the bench against West Ham.
Tbh though although he has been out for a long time, Sturridge is normally pretty good at hitting the ground running when he returns from injury.

Like I said, it would be a big risk especially with Liverpool's tough games, but I can just picture somebody captaining Sturridge and getting 30+ points :frown:
Original post by Lúcio
He'll likely be on the bench against West Ham.
Tbh though although he has been out for a long time, Sturridge is normally pretty good at hitting the ground running when he returns from injury.

Like I said, it would be a big risk especially with Liverpool's tough games, but I can just picture somebody captaining Sturridge and getting 30+ points :frown:

He's been out for 5 months and will have so much pressure heaped on his shoulders, which is a bit different from missing a few games and coming back into a team where others were contributing. Have no doubts that he'll come good but it's asking a bit much for him to hit the ground running instantly. Even Aguero can't do that.
Sigurdsson sent off today and he will miss the next 3 games. I'm glad I got rid of him last week.
Best captain for this week?
Anyone else with multiple Chelsea/City players in a bit of a dilemma for this week? I can see their game being a low scoring, boring affair but it's a huge risk to drop someone like Costa, Terry or Aguero. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Original post by dylantombides
Best captain for this week?

Alexis against a poor Villa side has to be the favourite.
Original post by sr90
Anyone else with multiple Chelsea/City players in a bit of a dilemma for this week? I can see their game being a low scoring, boring affair but it's a huge risk to drop someone like Costa, Terry or Aguero. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Alexis against a poor Villa side has to be the favourite.

Got bertrand (HOME to swansea), elia (also swansea at Home), sanchez (on form against villa), downing (pretty consistent), kane (on form), costa (consistent). So many choices!
sanchez all the way..

Lads just had a 2 week rest, and will be buzzing to come back and play agian
Think I'll take Sidgursson out since he's got a 3 game ban and no Bony to feed anymore.
Costa will be getting a 3 game ban and Fabregas/Luis off with injuries. Add that to Sigurdsson and I hope you lot all saved your wild cards like sensible people.
Original post by little_wizard123
Costa will be getting a 3 game ban
and Fabregas/Luis off with injuries. Add that to Sigurdsson and I hope you lot all saved your wild cards like sensible people.

Perfect timing with Sturridge set to return this week or next. I own Costa and i'd be happy to see him banned for a few games.
Original post by sr90
Perfect timing with Sturridge set to return this week or next. I own Costa and i'd be happy to see him banned for a few games.

I imagine he's one of those players you don't really want but you have to as so many have him.
Original post by little_wizard123
I imagine he's one of those players you don't really want but you have to as so many have him.

Yeh pretty much. Never gets BAPs, card magnet, yet he'll suddenly pop up with a hattrick every now and then. The fact there's been no other premium striker worth getting has helped his cause. Sturridge/Aguero injured, Rooney in midfield, Falcao/Balotelli not playing.
Should I take out Silva and bring in Carzola or would that be silly?
Was going to do my transfer but will wait to see what happens with Costa..
Reply 4356
Suspended Costa would be nice. Im thinking Pelle as Saints fixtures aren't too bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Chelsea, Leicester City, Spurs and QPR will now have a blank on GW27 due to the league cup final.

Chelsea DGW in late season should be fun :coma:

And possibly Spurs too.
Original post by sr90
Chelsea, Leicester City, Spurs and QPR will now have a blank on GW27 due to the league cup final.

Chelsea DGW in late season should be fun :coma:

I'm a little unsure about Costa being out for a few weeks.
Chelsea can appeal all night but the stamp was obvious so anything less than a 3 game ban isn't happening.

I feel like it's too early for Sturridge simply because he's been put for SO long.
But Sturridge doesn't normally take long to get up and running and I'd rather not have a lot of money sitting in the bank.
It would be a very risky move; won't do anything until Friday just in case though.
I'm going to make one change this week and then wildcard next week.

Quick Reply

Latest