The Student Room Group

Does anyone have any AS Economics notes/tips?

Hello, I am self-teaching AS economics and have been through the textbook but I am wondering if anyone has any condensed notes that they can give me?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Don't do it. Choose another subject. SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE.
Reply 3
Original post by eggpotato

It's too late to stop now ;(

It's not exactly the hardest subject ever...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner
Hello, I am self-teaching AS economics and have been through the textbook but I am wondering if anyone has any condensed notes that they can give me?

Thanks

Use Tutor2U and pajholden. And Khan Academy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Edminzodo
Use Tutor2U and pajholden. And Khan Academy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I have been looking for an examsolutions equivalent for economics for awhile and haven't been able to find one until now, pajholden looks really good!
definitions are your friend...
Original post by midgemeister7
It's not exactly the hardest subject ever...

Posted from TSR Mobile

k sorry not everyone is as smart as you are :dry:
Original post by anonwinner
It's too late to stop now ;(

yeah it probably is. good luck!
k sorry not everyone is as smart as you are :dry:

Well, there's comparatively much less content to learn than most of the other subjects and once the concepts are grasped then there's not a huge amount to do...
Well, there's comparatively much less content to learn than most of the other subjects and once the concepts are grasped then there's not a huge amount to do...

Like I said, sorry not everyone is as smart as you. Not everyone finds it that easy.
Like I said, sorry not everyone is as smart as you. Not everyone finds it that easy.

Never tried to claim everyone finds it easy. Just there's not as much to learn as countless other subjects which can't really be denied
Never tried to claim everyone finds it easy. Just there's not as much to learn as countless other subjects which can't really be denied

You didn't claim everyone finds it easy but you certainly implied that one should not find it hard. But I find it hard and I find that there is a lot to learn so.. whatever, it doesn't matter.
Hey I need help to make a decision..
So basically last year for AS in Econ1 I got 64/100 UMS and for Econ2 I got 77/100 UMS.
I got a B with 141 UMS. I want to get an A this year in A2 but I don't know which unit I should retake? Econ1 or Econ2? The problem is that I am not good in Econ1 and I don't want to learn everything again.. I would rather retake Econ2 as it is similar to Econ4 but is it possible to get an A if I retake Econ2?
Original post by ridirahman
Hey I need help to make a decision..
So basically last year for AS in Econ1 I got 64/100 UMS and for Econ2 I got 77/100 UMS.
I got a B with 141 UMS. I want to get an A this year in A2 but I don't know which unit I should retake? Econ1 or Econ2? The problem is that I am not good in Econ1 and I don't want to learn everything again.. I would rather retake Econ2 as it is similar to Econ4 but is it possible to get an A if I retake Econ2?

You need 320/400 over your 4 exams to get an A so yes it is possible to get an A without redoing unit 1 but you will have to do very well in the other units. If I were you I would just spend a few weeks relearning unit 1

Can someone help me with this Question?
Reply 17
Original post by ridirahman

Can someone help me with this Question?

Hey there

The answer is C. At original rent (P), the quantity is at Q. You can then see that when the rent is lowered, the supply curve is contracted. This is a fairly simple concept if you remove the fact that rent and accommodation are involved.

At higher prices, supply will be high (because of profit motive)
At lower prices, supply will be low (since firms will not be willing to produce and sell when they are not receiving what they think is worthwhile in return.
One tip I would say is time yourself really well, last year in unit 1, I ran out of time on the long answer q's, that affected my grade. I knew the stuff, just didn't have time to put it on paper.
Original post by Arjun24
Hey there

The answer is C. At original rent (P), the quantity is at Q. You can then see that when the rent is lowered, the supply curve is contracted. This is a fairly simple concept if you remove the fact that rent and accommodation are involved.

At higher prices, supply will be high (because of profit motive)
At lower prices, supply will be low (since firms will not be willing to produce and sell when they are not receiving what they think is worthwhile in return.

Thanks! This was really helpful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest