The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

reverse racism is a lie
Reply 601
Extreme obesity is a spectrum of mental illness in the same way as anorexia.

And no, i'm not fat.
Original post by Sarky
Extreme obesity is a spectrum of mental illness in the same way as anorexia.

And no, i'm not fat.

Its called binge eating disorder, its already recognised. However its more than just being overweight or even obese.
Original post by RFowler
You can take our lives but you'll never take our alcohol. What exactly is the point in increasing the age limit for alcohol?

Do you not think that bringing back the cane could have its problems? When I was in school I was punished once or twice for things I didn't even do. Not only that, but there are an awful lot of teachers I just wouldn't trust with the cane.

alcohol related deaths is highest amongst young people. it would also stop stupid mistakes young people commit and then use alcohol as an excuse for (cheating, violence etc.). same could be said for older adults but they're more responsible (generally)

yes it could have its problems but it would instil better behaviour in students (esp high school students). i went to school in africa and the discipline their and the work ethic of the students (compared to the UK) is incredible
Original post by LadyMede
I don't really like nandos

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it to be pretty average.
Original post by prettyGirl101
alcohol related deaths is highest amongst young people. it would also stop stupid mistakes young people commit and then use alcohol as an excuse for (cheating, violence etc.). same could be said for older adults but they're more responsible (generally)

Why is that a reason to restrict alcohol even further? It will not stop idiots from getting alcohol through other means and being idiots, it only tends to restrict responsible people. We have underage drinkers today, and that's when the age limit is 18. Education is the key, restricting it just makes it more attractive to certain types of people.
I don't see why people are offended by the thought of eating dogs or cats. I see it as perfectly fine and extremeley hypocritical of those who consume other animals and argue that animals are all "equal". #EATDOG
Reply 607
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
1) That measures should be taken to severely restrict the sale of cigarettes and alcohol in this country.

2) There is no 'war' on drugs.

3) We should reintroduce the death penalty.

These are 3 of mine.

Lisa Kudrow would be disgusted with you
spreading butter on bread is disgusting.
Reply 609
Original post by JD8897
that we should let Darwin's survival of the fittest actually happen

But you're stupid, so you would die embarrassing fast..
Reply 610
Original post by Castro Saint
All drugs need to be legalised.

The monarchy needs to end.

Not the monarchy :'( why ?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
I don't see why people are offended by the thought of eating dogs or cats. I see it as perfectly fine and extremeley hypocritical of those who consume other animals and argue that animals are all "equal". #EATDOG

First of all I have never met a person who was not vegetarian that had the entire all animals are equal view. Second, at least I think, it isn't so much that people offended by the thought of eating cats and dogs, they are offended by the though of eating their cat or dog or their friends cat or dog....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by SH0405
1. Prison life should be near the point of unbearable for people that have committed severe crimes. Murderers should be confined in small cells for 24 hours a day, and never see the light of day. Murderers being deprived of all privileges seems like a necessity to me, yet they often get to roam about with fellow murders playing some prison version of hopscotch. No. Their lives should each be a complete misery. But there are these things called human rights that get in the way of this. I have only one question: WHY SHOULD A MURDERER RETAIN HUMAN RIGHTS?

Why would you want that?
Reply 613
Original post by TheTruthTeller
I agree with 50% of your views :wink:

Yeah we should keep the monarchy.
Original post by Yasmin-9970
spreading butter on bread is disgusting.

For real butter I agree but I have a taste for margarine... What do think of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slg60
Not the monarchy :'( why ?

A complete uniformed and ignorant view but is it needed? What does the royal family even do? Why are we paying for them to do nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 616
Original post by AdamCee
We should reduce foreign aid massively

I say cut it all and write off any debts that have already been paid off in terms of interest :P perhaps that's a bit naive though
Original post by OU Student
I find it to be pretty average.

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed about it. When I go home I still see people from my old sixth form hanging out in Nandos, after 3 years :confused:
Reply 618
Original post by Jgco2chem
If we all loved the same sex, then the human race would become extinct

But we don't, so we don't need to worry about that?

To conclude that argument is pathetic.
Reply 619
Original post by Ilovefantasy
A complete uniformed and ignorant view but is it needed? What does the royal family even do? Why are we paying for them to do nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are our culture its enough that our stately homes are being bought up by Russian oligarchs must we also lose the royals?

Actually we pay for very few of them these days and they bring in FAR FAR more than they take, if nothing else they do wonders for the economy.

Latest